AirTran halts expansion at DFW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AFcitrus said:
The real loosers here are the people of DFW who used to get low fares to LAX.
\

When you have professionals that think like this it is no wonder this job is in the toliet. If you really want to fly people or supplies around for charity then there are plenty of opportunities in third world countries.

Chuck Yogourt said:
The problem is American is viewed by the general public and other airlines for that matter as being pompous arrogant a$$holes. You claim to have a great product but when I for one fly on you, your services is lousy. Your agents yell at the customers for asking simple questions, your flight attendants are rude and uncaring. Then, you have the people of north Texas and the surrounding states by the gonads and charge them out the ying yang to go out of state. That's why you are considered evil.

I think you're out to lunch. Most of the general public views ALL legacy airlines as "pompous and arrogant a$$holes." I mena, if it's not JB or SW, everyone else sucks. Maybe you are one of the ones that had a bad experience on AA... and as such, you claim that "everyone thinks AA is evil."

Like AAflyer said above, I usually get great comments from the pax deplaning my flights. I think overall we have a decent product, but nothing spectacular. As in, we are a typical legacy carrier that pleases a lot of people, pisses off a lot of people, but most people don't notice much difference bewteen us and, say, DL, UA, etc.

A lot of AA employees are ex-other-airline types, and for the most part they provide great service. That said, if you have a grudge against AA for something that happened, I can't blame you for having a negative view of them. However, if you find yourself on one of my flights, I can at least try and change that view.:)

aa73 said:
I think you're out to lunch. Most of the general public views ALL legacy airlines as "pompous and arrogant a$$holes." I mena, if it's not JB or SW, everyone else sucks. Maybe you are one of the ones that had a bad experience on AA... and as such, you claim that "everyone thinks AA is evil."

Like AAflyer said above, I usually get great comments from the pax deplaning my flights. I think overall we have a decent product, but nothing spectacular. As in, we are a typical legacy carrier that pleases a lot of people, pisses off a lot of people, but most people don't notice much difference bewteen us and, say, DL, UA, etc.

A lot of AA employees are ex-other-airline types, and for the most part they provide great service. That said, if you have a grudge against AA for something that happened, I can't blame you for having a negative view of them. However, if you find yourself on one of my flights, I can at least try and change that view.:)

Maybe it was wrong of me to put it the way I did. I have flown AA over 200 times and my review of your airline is 50/50. Some of your people have gone above and beyond while others have been down right hostile. I have an article from a major DFW area publication that did a survey on customer service. The comments in it should get every AA employees attention. Your own CEO provided the survey. It was one he had done to try to figure out why your reputation for treating people like crap was so strong. He was shocked and dismayed. I think the comment one of your frequent flyers made says it all. " I think we all would rather have an enima than have to fly AA. But it is the only game in town."

Personally, I would rather fly AA than NWA any day. Southwest included. Being pushed around like a heard of sheep just shows how much SWA has destroyed the airline traveling experience. With that said, I know when I fly SWA, I won't be chewed out by a gate agent for asking when the aircraft will be arriving or having to throw my ticket in the lap of a flight attendent who is in my seat and refuses to move his butt because "There are plenty of open seats over there". That happen earlier this year on a flight from LGA.

Chuck Yogourt said:
Personally, I would rather fly AA than NWA any day. Southwest included. Being pushed around like a heard of sheep just shows how much SWA has destroyed the airline traveling experience.

Is there any airline out there that meets your approval? Granted, passenger travel isn't what it used to be but my experience has been worst case vanilla/neutral. Think much of it is driven by costs. It is a blessing and a curse - air travel is affordable for the common man (which means more aviation related jobs) but our society has been "Walmartized" (meaning cheaper prices but less frills plus lower wages for the workers).

Chuck Yogourt said:
Maybe it was wrong of me to put it the way I did. I have flown AA over 200 times and my review of your airline is 50/50. Some of your people have gone above and beyond while others have been down right hostile. I have an article from a major DFW area publication that did a survey on customer service. The comments in it should get every AA employees attention. Your own CEO provided the survey. It was one he had done to try to figure out why your reputation for treating people like crap was so strong. He was shocked and dismayed. I think the comment one of your frequent flyers made says it all. " I think we all would rather have an enima than have to fly AA. But it is the only game in town."

Personally, I would rather fly AA than NWA any day. Southwest included. Being pushed around like a heard of sheep just shows how much SWA has destroyed the airline traveling experience. With that said, I know when I fly SWA, I won't be chewed out by a gate agent for asking when the aircraft will be arriving or having to throw my ticket in the lap of a flight attendent who is in my seat and refuses to move his butt because "There are plenty of open seats over there". That happen earlier this year on a flight from LGA.

I think you have valid points, but what you are describing is precisely the same exact gripes I hear from passengers AND employees from every legacy airline out there. We are all basically the same. Well, except maybe CO. They are in a league above.

I too have heard pax complaining that we are the only game in town.. and I've also heard pax thanking us that we are the only game in town. It goes both ways, and I think you'll see that at almost every legacy these days.

AFcitrus said:
The real loosers here are the people of DFW who used to get low fares to LAX.

Now, now. The real losers are the people that like funny radio commericals, but some "discount airline with some pilot guys" just don't think its funny. :beer:

Latest resources

Back