AirTran going out of business!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DairyAir

A friend told me of a rumor that AirTran would be out of business in 2 years according to his sources, pilots who jumped ship to work for a startup cargo airline. Just curious if anyone else has heard anything to that effect. Last I heard they are still hiring like crazy. I sure hope it is not true as I start class with them next week!

..........................................................Flame Bait

I heard from a friend's cousin's mailman that you would be dead inside of a year because someone told him that a friend saw you eating at a restaurant that a news reporter said failed their health inspection.

I'm totally serious in my question. If you were to ask me if I believe it, not in a million years. I think Air Tran is a great airline with a good future ahead of it. That is the reason I have been trying to hired for the last two years. I did not really think there was any truth to the rumor and that is all it is a rumor, I just thought it was kinda funny. Aren't they one of the only airlines making money. Except for last quarter I know they lost a little. Don't know how much but I am sure someone will tell me. Any one else in the May 19th class?

Cheers
DA

Like the old sayin: ...if you haven't heard a rumor by noon start one yourself. AirTran wasn't the only carrier that's made $$. Southwest, Jetblue both made $$ as well.

With $350 mill in cash I think they'll be around for a while.

I love how people have a ! in the title but are really asking a ?....

Title: Airtran buying Delta!!!!!

Post: Hey, my brothers sisters mothers cousins friend heard from a reliable source that Airtran was going to buy Delta... Anyone hear that????

How does someone know that an airline will be going out of business 2 years from now? I mean...if they know they are going to go out of business, why not just do it now and get it over with? :rolleyes:

In two years they will be out of business because they will be buying Delta and assuming the name. All the DAL boys would have to go to the bottom of the list-of course.

Latest resources

Back