• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran goes for Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Strike price is 2.89 and upgrade isn't 10 years. The last upgrade was a pilot who was hired in 96 but he bypassed upgraded until a couple weeks ago. Pilots and F/A's hold around 1.5 million stock options. Many of the pilots still own a good chunk of stock from the IPO. Future growth wasn't in question as Midwest management has made it very clear that they are announcing an md80 replacement/growth aircraft order by the end of the year.

I suppose it's not worth getting worked up over until it happens. We have been told for a long time that consolidation would occur and it appears, from what we are seeing in the news, that we are getting pretty close.

If LCC/DL goes through and a couple of other legacy majors get together, can Midwest stand alone? And If AAI and MEH do merge, regardless of pilot integration, I wonder if the new company would be big enough to compete in the long run. Looking at the numbers...sure...then again I suppose the numbers I have seen are those the company wants investors to see.

An MEH shareholder, including pilots/fa's/insiders, ect...would be CRAZY not to take nearly 15 bucks a share!

I see this happeing.

Strike price is 2.89 and upgrade isn't 10 years. The last upgrade was a pilot who was hired in 96 but he bypassed upgraded until a couple weeks ago. Pilots and F/A's hold around 1.5 million stock options. Many of the pilots still own a good chunk of stock from the IPO. Future growth wasn't in question as Midwest management has made it very clear that they are announcing an md80 replacement/growth aircraft order by the end of the year.
By the end of the year?

Hmmm... 17 days to go. Will be very interesting if they end up with 737 orders/options.

Latest resources

Back