• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran goes for Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now, I'm just a pilot but what if they (airTran) just bought up shares of midwest on the open market, and not pay the premium? Then say "hey we own 30% of you, how about selling us the rest".
In USA Today there's an article that states that if one investor buy 30% of MEH stock a poison pill can be enacted that doubles the number of shares available, thus diluting their share. So in other words, it won't work here.

Maybe Air Wisconsin would buy up skyway. Just never know how these things work out.

The future

I was sort of hoping Richard Branson would buy off Skyway so he'd have a type certificate and pilots to start Virgin Galactic. Do you think my 2 year Associate degree is competitive for getting an interview there?

I think it'll happen. AAI only offered what was required to force MEH in putting the offer to the BOD for vote. At the time AAI did this, there is no reason to think they did not anticipate this outcome. And AAI would have had no reason NOT to go public if they really didn't want the outfit and were not willing to pay more.

It's all about the dance now. AAI can force a shareholder vote. MEH, while not under any obligation to do so, could open their books in hopes of AAI increasing their offer. This is unlikely given the recent spin TH has put fourth in his press releases, but still wouldn't surprise me, considering the only DD AAI has done is from public information anyway. Remember, it's all about the money.

There could be no better time for shareholders to get out, and IMO, if AAI pumps up the price, this could be a GREAT time for TH and senior leadership to bail and take a massive chunk of cash with them.

I would think AAI has the cash and/or backing to likely double their offer. I don't think the offer will go that high, but if it gets to 15 or 16 bucks a share I would think all the institutional holders as well as all shareholders would be on board.

RE: Einstein/Chucky, etc...

"... Oh, and the questions will be written by BestPilot..."

That's funny! Will he/she/it be on the interview board as well axing tough questions? ;)

Uncle Timmy(YX) says in company released memo that it's not going to happen. Take it for what it's worth, he stabbed us(Skyway) in the back by farming out our 50 seat flying. I don't believe anything from him anymore, whatever. Good luck all.

FD75

If it goes through, "Welcome Aboard" to all, except for Chuck Yogurt, who will need to re-apply, and will be interviewed by a board consisting of Fletch, FL717 and myself, with 737Pylt observing as a neutral party . . . . Oh, and the questions will be written by BestPilot.

Duuuude! Show dat Ole Silly Trix Wabbit some freaking luv!!! Dat Ole Chuckie at da Tranny? AWWW YEEEAAHHH boyyyeeee!!!! If he gonna be a Capn here, den like I be like gotza be like doin a trip wit da Chuckie, den like a trip wit Ole Ty Guy, and like keep like doin dat cause like dat wood be like wwwaaayyyy fun and stuff!

If ole Chuckie boyee gonna like be a Co-yogurt an stuff, den like I jus gotzta get dat ole bid in fer like dat ole leftie seat an stuff. Hey like "Yougort dude, Gimmie dat Checklist, my brother from another mother!!"

Man oh freaking man, me an ole Chuckles doin da Tranny proud!!!!!!

I cantz freaking wait!!!!!!

AWWWWWWW Yeeeaaaahhhhh, boyeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

The TWA MEC didnt just wake up one morning and say "Oh you know this scope language , it's a load of hooey, wer'e gonna roll the dice and hope our brothers at APA will welcome us with open arms."

What tv9 said!

Hate to break it to you, Lear, but you can expect a representational vote if this merger goes through. Still have your ALPA card? ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back