• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran gets the gates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i know all this. the point was "what the boys in MCO were thinking".

"The boys in MCO" are always thinking crazy things, just like the NWA boys in Eagan, the MidEx boys in MKE, the Delta boys in Atlanta, and so on. Management always has crazy ideas about what they can get pilots to buy off on. Thankfully, it seems that this pilot group is smart enough not to accept the outsourcing of 86-seat jets and a crappy EMB payscale. The "boys in MCO" can think what they want, but I doubt that our new union leadership, whether it turns out to be Best or Schroll leading them, will sign off on any of it.

there is a thread on here saying your guy (mike best) is a company man. every other candidate is also being badmouthed by all comers too.

That thread is only talking about sick calls, and the quote of Mike is third-hand and unverified. Not to mention the fact that the contract is pretty clear that the company does have the right to demand a doctor's note. Simply telling a pilot what the contract says does not qualify you as a "company man." If that were the case, then I would be a company man, and I know a few Pinnacle managers that would disagree vehemently with that notion. :D

well all differences aside, good luck on the next TA. we are watching where your SNB rates are going for our 2008 openers.

there is a thread on here saying your guy (mike best) is a company man. every other candidate is also being badmouthed by all comers too.

Mike Best will not be a company man.

Jetblue just awarded us air the contract for ground handling in MKE. Probably a few flights a day to start out but due to proximity to ord and based on fact that we cannot grow out of ord I would expect to see at least 4-6 destinations within a year with possibly more to follow.

Midwest can do a great job of defending their turf against one airline but i think trannie is out for blood so it should get interesting

Midwest can do a great job of defending their turf against one airline but i think trannie is out for blood so it should get interesting

get the chick back on your avatar. You're not going homo on me, are you?

Mike Best . . . "Company Man?"

AaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . . .

Oh, man, that was pretty good!

Hey, Citation Lover- did your Mother drop you on your head when you were an infant?

Just curious.

Da . . . . . Bears!

He is! And Klaus wants to make us the highest paid pilots in the industry!

And then I woke up...................

I was having that same dream...

The company called me down to Orlando, apologized profusely and gave me my job back, had a banquet where they appointed Mike Best as V.P. of Flt Ops, gave us Southwest's contract + 10%, and paid all F/O's CA pay as a way of apologizing for the way they've been twisting the contract lately, not to mention gave back the ability for reserve pilots to drop reserve days.

Then my alarm went off...

Mike Best . . . "Company Man?"

AaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . . .

Oh, man, that was pretty good!

Hey, Citation Lover- did your Mother drop you on your head when you were an infant?

Just curious.

Da . . . . . Bears!

reading comprehension skills must be not part of the air tran screening process. i did not call him a company man, the other thread was (specifically regarding sick calls).

Again, let's see if Forklift Joe has the balls to start any new routes out of MKE like he promised he would. We all know he won't. Just more flights to ATL, MCO, FLL, TPA, and maybe PHX. Oooooo, scary.

Latest resources

Back