Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetdawg

Committee backs extra gates for AirTran

AirTran Airways won backing Wednesday from a Milwaukee County Board committee for doubling its number of gates to four at Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport, a move that's tied to AirTran's expected expansion here after losing its bid to buy Midwest Airlines.

The board's Transportation, Public Works and Transit Committee approved the change on a 7-0 vote, with little discussion. AirTran would pay an additional $72,000 in yearly rent for the extra two gates, doubling its current rent charge.

Airport Director Barry Bateman said AirTran plans to increase its number of daily flights from nine to 12 per day, beginning Dec. 20. Bateman said AirTran had not yet notified the airport of its flight volume next year when it has two more gates.

However, he said the four gates would each accommodate seven or eight flights a day, or a maximum of 32 flights.

The full County Board will consider the expansion Oct. 29.

AirTran is a unit of AirTran Holdings Inc. (AAI) of Orlando. Midwest Airlines is owned by Midwest Air Group Inc. (MEH) of Oak Creek.

they may not wanted us to buy the airline but I guess they want out money. I am sure with all the homework the boys did down in MCO about Midwest and the revenue produced with some of their routes it will be interesting to see where they will put those A/C. Maybe Timmy will compete by putting a couple of those RJ's against us, you know his growth plan. Hope some of them have those ultra ultra ultra aux tanks installed.

(Name)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
...AVATAR... >
>
>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Civ/Mil:
A/C Flown:
Ratings:
Curr Position:
Highest Education Level Attained:
Total Time:
Last edited:
You've got to love an airline that is growing, hiring and making the cash! Just along for the ride. Awwwww Yeahhhhh!

they may not wanted us to buy the airline but I guess they want out money. I am sure with all the homework the boys did down in MCO about Midwest and the revenue produced with some of their routes it will be interesting to see where they will put those A/C. Maybe Timmy will compete by putting a couple of those RJ's against us, you know his growth plan. Hope some of them have those ultra ultra ultra aux tanks installed.

you should be more worried with the "homework the boys did down in MCO" regarding replacing all your 717's with lowball pay scales for the Emb195.

please FNG at midex please oh please show me those pay scales wise one that you talk of.

they'll be in TA #3, but hey it appears you believe what JL says. see how well the "boys down in MCO did their homework" on their nemesis Lear70.

step one: eliminate the guy who actually reads and studies the TA
step two: propose newer TA with slight adjustments as those senior guys will sell the FNG's down the river
step three: cram new TA down union's throat (as said union is dealing with internal turmoil)
step four: can forget step one, he's no longer a threat

but still please clear the jiz off your screen from two extra gates in MKE to fly the masses to florida and the southwest in the winter.

since you are a man who sees in the future do not forget
step 47 collect underpants
step 48 well not sure what to do w/ underpants will consult the little men.

peace, and I hope you really do not like the bears even though they did a hell of a job on the Packers, at least the 2nd half.

since you are a man who sees in the future do not forget
step 47 collect underpants
step 48 well not sure what to do w/ underpants will consult the little men.

peace, and I hope you really do not like the bears even though they did a hell of a job on the Packers, at least the 2nd half.

i am miss cleo mon.

sadly i am a bears fan. and unfortunately, even worse, a blackhawks fan.

And once again, CitationLover talks out of his ass about what's going on at an airline he knows very little about. Hate to break it to you, but we recalled the union leadership that brought us TA1 and TA2, the entire NC has been removed, we voted down TA2 by a large margin, and we'll have a new union President next week. I think it's pretty clear that we won't be taking any contract that has pathetic EMB rates in it.

And once again, CitationLover talks out of his ass about what's going on at an airline he knows very little about. Hate to break it to you, but we recalled the union leadership that brought us TA1 and TA2, the entire NC has been removed, we voted down TA2 by a large margin, and we'll have a new union President next week. I think it's pretty clear that we won't be taking any contract that has pathetic EMB rates in it.

i know all this. the point was "what the boys in MCO were thinking". we shall see regarding your predictions (what is oil at these days).

there is a thread on here saying your guy (mike best) is a company man. every other candidate is also being badmouthed by all comers too.

Latest resources

Back