• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Furloughs coming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're looking at 8+ year upgrades now. On these FO rates, that's not livable.

.....I thought you made it to Nirvana? Are you going to be able to afford that beer? Why did you take a job that "isn't livable"....Oh wait...never mind....it's the THIRD time you have taken a flying job that "isn't livable" while you throw stones at those who stay at their livable jobs....

PCL... If you can't live off AAI FO wages you only have yourself to blame. I am an FO, and I live nicely on my FO wages. But then again, I don't live above my means. How are you gonna live off unemployment if you can't live off current wages??? Its pretty easy to make $60,000 + a year at AAI. That is more then most Americans. Im on track to make $80,000+ this year. I swap trips for better pay, but rarely pick up extra flying. I don't want a pay cut, but if it meant AAI would stay in business, I would be willing to take a small reduction in wages. Note I said small reduction..

Joey, it's livable for me personally (barely), but I don't have kids or other obligations that many pilots here have. If a paycut were to take place, then it would no longer be livable even for me, however.

But don't worry, Joey, because you'll be the one buying the beer. This pilot group won't be voting for paycuts.

PCL... If you can't live off AAI FO wages you only have yourself to blame. I am an FO, and I live nicely on my FO wages. But then again, I don't live above my means. How are you gonna live off unemployment if you can't live off current wages??? Its pretty easy to make $60,000 + a year at AAI. That is more then most Americans. Im on track to make $80,000+ this year. I swap trips for better pay, but rarely pick up extra flying. I don't want a pay cut, but if it meant AAI would stay in business, I would be willing to take a small reduction in wages. Note I said small reduction..

Thankfully, your willingness to take a paycut seems to be in the vast minority.

gt...some of us have children. That 60 grand gets spread pretty thin when it's covering 5 people.

Furthermore...my job isn't like most Americans,

wscrj.... I'm not saying it doesn't. However, $60,000 is a heii of a lot better then an unemployment line. Its not easy to replace our jobs with another one that pays $60,000 a year. Plus, you guys have a lot more money in the bank then we do. And your hedged. We don't have a lot of cash and we aren't hedged. Remember, almost every airline took pay cuts after 9/11... The oil crunch could very easily prove to be much worse for the airlines then 9/11. If you don't think everyone is going to be taking pay cuts soon if oil doesn't retreat your crazy.. Pilots have shown over and over again they will vote for reasonable pay cuts if they think it would save their jobs.....

PCL.. I have no words for you.. Everyone on FI knows your an idiot...

Last edited:
If I wanted to be an english teacher I would have majored in enlgish... dip$%^$

BTW.. Comming from a guy who paid for his job at Gulfstream to get ahead and is only 1 month off probation, your opinion doesn't mean much...

Last edited:
By Darren Shannon
Lufthansa is warning that industrial action by disgruntled workers could again affect the carrier's operations as they did during a temporary walkout earlier today.
The roughly four-hour walkout by several labor groups resulted in the cancellations of 44 flights, confirms Lufthansa.
Most affected were services from Frankfurt, where check-in and catering staff held a temporary strike starting at 4 a.m. local time. Similar industrial action by engineers in Cologne and Stuttgart and baggage handlers in Munich also caused some cancellations.
Most affected were domestic services, although some European flights were also cancelled, adds the German carrier. About 30 long-haul services from Frankfurt were also delayed because of the walk-out.
Some 3,400 passengers were affected by the cancellations.
In a statement, Lufthansa notes that the dispute is unwarranted. "In view of the existing offer of a 5.5% pay increase, Lufthansa believes these actions are unnecessary. Such actions are not suited to achieving a sensible solution. We fully regret the inconvenience this has caused our passengers," it says.
Lufthansa's unions are seeking a 9.8% increase instead of the airline's two-phased offer from the airline.
This is the second lightening strike by Lufthansa employees; on June 19, 2,000 ground workers in Hamburg walked out over the same pay dispute.
Lufthansa also warns that further strikes could occur. "We also cannot rule out more cancellations at short notice for operational reasons," it says.

People like you sell this profession down the river. I talked to a truck driver last week who makes $108,000 a year and his skills are transportable between jobs. He was laughing all the way to the bank when I talked to him. All our experience gets us is an interview if someone is looking to hire and the opportunity to start over at the bottom of some pay scale and raise the gear for someone who just got a better break because of timing. So do you think your skills are worth only $60,000. Most of the legacy pilots took pay cuts after 9/11 because a bankruptcy judge imposed his/her will on a labor group. You can't compare our measly $60,000 a year against other carriers rates that were imposed on them by judges due to bankruptcy. Don't include me when you sign up for concessions. I'm disgusted.

Latest resources

Back