• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Furloughs coming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Q: How many F's are there in the word WAY?

A: There is NO F IN WAY!!!!!!!!

no concessions, period

Last edited:
Minime..... I agree with you. My point is that if managment really steped up and did the right thing, it could work. What I mean by that is, if they came up with a plan and presented it to the employees that showed exactly how the company was going to save money and how they could keep us out of bankruptcy, with oil at $150 a barrel it could work. Id be willing to bet that if SWA was going through the same thing they would trust there managment to do the right thing, and they would take a pay cut. They still look at Herb like a god, we however, don't look at BF or especially SK or KG that way. However, like you, I really don't trust our managment because of what they pulled after 9/11.. They got bonuses when the employees took pay cuts. I wasn't even at AAI at that time and it still p1sses me off just thinking about it. Like I said before, if the company gave us a black and white business plan that showed how the company could save $100 million over the next 2 years through various cost cutting measures, I would possibly vote for it. However, I'm not voting for a pay cut without the entire package from managment. Like you said, pilot wages are a drop in the hat, but with enough cost saving throughout the entire business plan, I would consider it. But, Im not doing it without everyone else taking concessions as well.. Especially managment... A heck of a lot more then 15%..

Hate to say it, but I think Joe Merchant wins the bet by a landslide. Sorry 128, TY, Lear. You guys are right on, but I think that in the end the senior guys will sell the younger ones down the river. Saw it at NWA and I think it will happen here, too. Hope I'm wrong.

The junior guys control the vote here now so it doesn't really matter what the senior guys think. We have about 1000 pilots (out of 1665) that have been here 6 years or less. That is 98% of the FO's and about a 1/3 of the captains. Right now, if I would guess, the mood of the junior guys is no concessions.

Only 10% of the guys at Airtran have been here over 10 years, so if the senior guys want these concessions to "save" the company, they better start practicing their speeches on their FO's.

gt is an idiot.

Go work somewhere else, moron.

We've been taken advantage of and lied to more than anyone on this forum can even possibly imagine.

The senior guys (for the most part) wouldn't consider concessions. That makes the idiots like gt in the vast
minority.

I'm more concerned with the dildos running the union than I am about the concessions ever passing.

Airlines were stupid for pushing for age 65...top pay for another 5 years=REAL Smart.

What happen to Leave of Absences?

I will enjoy my 18 month leave-of unemployment from Airtran and last employer.

This will come to all airlines--ALL Airlines !! I said this was coming from my sources in Feb.

Does anyone know how much the state of GA will giv for new type rating if furloughed?
A type what a waste, use it and go back to college.

After reading the "what SWA guys/gals would do" I have to agree, yes we would gladly help the company out if it meant saving the company because our management would only ask if, indeed it really made a difference....but management and labor relations are alot like being married...let's see...have they been truthful, faithful, looked after your best interest, and never lied to you.....at SWA...I would say yes....I am not a Tranny so only y'all can answer those questions. Good luck guys and gals

If you went to a doctor with a pain in your leg and he says we can cure it by amputating your arm, anyone can see that it won't cure your problem. To me, the management request for paycuts sounds like a similar scenario.

With that being said, I think that gt1900 has some ideas but they need to be expanded upon. In a straight vote on paycuts, I bet it goes down by about 90% (my vote included since I may be downgraded for about a total 50% cut).

What if the board and NC were able to attach language that contained benchmarks for pay restoration and raises? We give the cut, but pay is restored when oil goes below $120 and an additional raise when it goes below $100. How about employee bonuses tied to executive bonuses? Profit sharing? Some of you financial guys can probably come up with some better ideas, but you get the point.

Oh, and we need to get off the idea of giving the "B" fund contribution in lieu of straight cuts (some have suggested this). Since it's tax free money, this equates to about a 13-16% cut total.

If I wanted to be an english teacher I would have majored in enlgish... dip$%^$

BTW.. Comming from a guy who paid for his job at Gulfstream to get ahead and is only 1 month off probation, your opinion doesn't mean much...

Surely you'd agree that there's a bit of irony in a poster calling someone an idiot, getting caught using poor grammar while doing it, then defending himself by saying it takes an "English major" to know the difference between "you're" and "your"?

(P.S. WTF is "comming"?)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back