• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran, Frontier to battle it out for Chicago-Cancun rights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Im a passenger and flying with my family, I would choose F9 over AirTran any day of the week. Better cabin, better seats, in flight entertainment, etc. We at the tranny got nothing. Absolutely no reason for any human being to fly on us....yet they do.

We have Beck's! An essential part of flying with family . . . especially some of my wife's family. :smash:

Thedecision will be made when enough pizza arrives at the doorstep of the Feds' office. :laugh:

I wish you guys the best of luck. Since your at Frontier, how/why do see why Bedford wants that route. Do you think it is because it would be one more asset to sell?

168 seat A320 sounds miserable. Have fun.

I used to fly that route - ORD-CUN/other Caribbean destinations - for Ryan International when they had the Apple Vacations contract. We flew those routes with 178/180 seat A320s. We also originated flights out of MSP and some Wisconsin airports for Apple.
The A320s were flown in the UK during the summer and the US during the winter. The planes were UK registry for a low cost carrier over there. Needless to say, 180 seat A320s were NOT designed with the average Wisconsin cheesehead in mind.
I remember one flight where the FA called us and said that she couldn't get the drink cart through the aisle because we had a 'person of size' in an aisle seat - he had raised his aisle armrest and had one cheek on the seat and another in the aisle. The flight was ~6 hours long and there were no empty seats.

The other day Frontier was ferrying a plane from midway to ord and the tower guy asked them if this was a regularly scheduled flight now. The frontier guys said yes, they are now ferrying over to ord to do some apple vacation charter flights out of ord on a regular basis.

Looks like a SWA needs to expand some service. GK is out of the dugout and he is going to go with a rookie out of Georgia. This kid has been in the news lately over some contract issues. They were going to release him to free agency but his performance in the international market has proven helpful in the playoffs.

I'll say. He is the only one on the team that can pitch international. They should pay the man.

Latest resources

Back