• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Folk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirTran is cool... Good Place to work. safe, fun, hard working folks.

Kudos to the ramp and ops. Both are doing a good job as of late !

A sincere welcome to all the new folks !! Have fun and say howdy in the hallway.. give up the tough guy look. Hey we all came from somewhere ..

Pilots... we are special.. I dont care what the boss (MGMT) says. When that nice lady on our flight over Christmas said her dad was dying of cancer, we worked with ATC and got some 'special' handling out of PHL to get her home to her dad before he passed. We just could have blown it off... and got in line 20 deep.. we didnt accept that.. and got her home.. I hope someone would do the same for my family.. ya know..?? I refuse to settle for bus driver... All pilots, at all carriers would do the same. We are paid professionals, not skilled workers ... yet. I say we keep it that way !!

Long story.. Thanks for listening... or not... Good Luck to all !!

-9Capt said:
It won't be long before Uppercrust/Einstein show up here. We have a decent conversation going, let's not let them ruin it.

Yep, and here it is. Just heard on T.V. last night on a segment about the airlines that they expect your $400,000 loss last quarter to skyrocket to a $50 million loss for 06 at current fuel price levels. Said you do very little if any hedging for your size, are in debt to the tune of almost $400 million, you are running out of cities to put your new airplanes. Said you were considering routes that had all ready been tried and had failed in the past. They said the expected loss could be much less if Delta can't get their act together. But I wouldn't worry much if I were you. Old "Fork Lift Joe" will take care of you. Hey don't get pissed at me, this is what was said by the national media.

Let it go.

Bummer.... Hotel change in MDW fellas.

Einstein said:
Yep, and here it is. Just heard on T.V. last night on a segment about the airlines that they expect your $400,000 loss last quarter to skyrocket to a $50 million loss for 06 at current fuel price levels.

Yeah, that must be why the stock is trading near a 52 week high. . . . Einstein, you're not.

I was looking at the analyst recommendations the other day, and I really had to laugh. That douche-bag Ray Niedl at Calyon put in a "sell" recommendation back in April '05 and the stock has doubled since then. . . . maybe he should spend a little less time being quoted in newspapers and a little more time doing research.

And as for you, Einstein/Snake/T-Bags/whatever . . .

I really have to wonder why you are so obsessed with AirTran. . . . . did your mother drop you on your head when you were a baby . . . ?

Einstein said:
Yep, and here it is. Just heard on T.V. last night on a segment about the airlines that they expect your $400,000 loss last quarter to skyrocket to a $50 million loss for 06 at current fuel price levels. Said you do very little if any hedging for your size, are in debt to the tune of almost $400 million, you are running out of cities to put your new airplanes. Said you were considering routes that had all ready been tried and had failed in the past. They said the expected loss could be much less if Delta can't get their act together. But I wouldn't worry much if I were you. Old "Fork Lift Joe" will take care of you. Hey don't get pissed at me, this is what was said by the national media.

CONGRATS AIRTRAN!!!!!!!!!

The rest of us legacies are in debt to the tune of 12-20 Billion. 400 million is chump change!!:D

AA

Ahh... I missed the goat meat....

Ty Webb said:
Yeah, that must be why the stock is trading near a 52 week high. . . . Einstein, you're not.

My remaining stock options go automatically when it hits $19.

When that happens, beer and hookers are on me.

Latest resources

Back