• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran feels left out?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
American tried this type of fare structure in 92 and it ended up costing the industry a couple billion dollars. Make no mistake, the same thing will happen again.

But it will cost Air tran as well.

Sy-bill said:
American tried this type of fare structure in 92 and it ended up costing the industry a couple billion dollars. Make no mistake, the same thing will happen again.

But it will cost Air tran as well.

The reason Airtran does not have to lower 713 fares is because Delta did not cut fares across the board. The fares are capped around $599 on way for first class. The key is that the fares will remain relatively consistant. The highest fares were cut in an effort to increase the ammount of pax paying a reasonable fare. Less low fares and less high. More walk up buisness travellers. Insted of getting one pax paying $1500 dollars for a trip, Delta is trying to get five to pay $800, etc.

CVG saw an increase of pax to the tune of around 30% (witht the introduction of simple fares) revenue was also increased. Will this translate to the whole system? That remains to be seen, but I think this will help Delta's bottom line.

The media has generated the perception of an across the board fare reduction. Airtran is doing a good job of pointing out the truth. Fortunatley for Delta, the media sucks at getting the story right.

Last edited:
RANGER..............

Step away from the computer, get dressed and leave your house for once. There is more to life away from this site you know ;). Like getting recalled to Delta by tomorrow...... LOL......

Networ-King said:
RANGER..............

;). Like getting recalled to Delta by tomorrow...... LOL......

What? You didn't get your letter? I am waiting at my mailbox, with my uniform on and flight kit in hand.....just waiting for that recall letter.

Latest resources

Back