• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran fare sale!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it might just mean that any revenue is good and with ASMs unsold , getting money for them is better than not at all...pretty simple huh beaver...Geee Wally... I thought the more tickets sold, the better the bottom line.

It means that they are in a short term cash crunch. The only way to raise money is to sell seats for cheap to get people to buy.

Why does Delta hate Airtran so much?? I mean the ATL market is big enough for the both of them!!

Delta pilots can't hate us... they like jumpseating on us. They are treated nice.

These sales are upto January? It is 3-4 months from now. Don't just give seats away.

It means that they are in a short term cash crunch. The only way to raise money is to sell seats for cheap to get people to buy.

So what does it mean when your airline is selling seats for $10 less than we are?

There's no "cash crunch" here, my friend. Our cash position has been steadily growing since the beginning of the year. We're gonna be just fine. Don't start salivating over those C and D concourse gates just yet. Besides, you'd just put more replacement jets on them anyway, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

What we are doing is matching or beating you on every seat you are selling. It is DAL's business plan as it pertains to AAI to put the pressure on you.
Not that I think it will do much good. You have a good product and a customer base.

What we are doing is matching or beating you on every seat you are selling. It is DAL's business plan as it pertains to AAI to put the pressure on you.

Yes, and it's the same business plan that DAL's had against us for many years. It hasn't worked before, and it won't work now. DAL just throws money down the toilet with these stupid fare wars.

I once heard trying to sell empty seats on airplanes is like trying to sell the last banana in the grocery store. You can either give it away or sell it for a couple pennies.

Not that I think it will do much good. You have a good product and a customer base.

I wonder about the intelligence of such a plan. We have lower costs.
On most of the routes where DAL and AAI compete, we have newer, more efficient aircraft which use much less fuel.
I wish we would both charge a reasonable fare which will allow both of us to make a profit and move forward.

Latest resources

Back