• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran dropping 121 mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to Ms. G in HR dept. - There are currently no plans on dropping the 121 mins. (I asked her this question last week)

:(

100LL... Again! said:
About time. Stupid requirement.

Some PFT jacka$$ from GIA could apply, but not a real pilot from say, USAir (furloughed) if they had no 121 PIC.

Another stupid requirement that needs adjustment is the 1000 turbine PIC for SWA. Since when is 1000 PIC in a Caravan better than someone with much more time at a regional, or lots of piston twin time.

I defy anyone to give an example of where a Caravan pilot is somehow more qualified than a higher-time piston TWIN-ENGINE pilot. Especially if the twin is pressurized. Either disallow SEL turbine, or get rid of the requirement. WAY too arbitrary.

Excellent observations my friend. Here at the Fractionals, you get assigned as F/O if the other pilot is more senior. Doesn't say anything about your abilities. Unfortunately, employers make the rules, not applicants.

GIA? Is that that operator down in Florida? I rode on them on my vacation to Nassau once. The F/O didn't speak very good English and the Captain wasn't much better. Never again, after seeing all those inop stickers! Heard they had Chinese pilots and that the Captains were mostly CFIs who paid for their jobs. And, at one time even the permanent American F/Os weren't paid! WTF? But they sent a lot of pilots to AirTran including a guy with a 609 who taxiied in with pax and a pretty big fire! Everybody called him Cuckoo at AirTran according to Bob Johnston.
Fortunately, my company usually doesn't put us on them. Probably too expensive.

flyaway said:
Valuejet Has Mins!!! What A Bunch Of shoot!
In case you haven't heard, ValueJet is long gone. This company is AirTran Airways with the youngest All-Boeing fleet in the country. Or is it the world?

Make sure you get the spelling right on your application. On second thought, don't even apply as you probably wouldn't know what to do with 16/17 day off lines averaging 85 hours with trip rigs, duty rigs, union contract, brand new aircraft and plenty of good natured pilots to fly with. The small handful of old Valuejet scabs that you probably have for neighbors are a dwindling insignificant minority now that the airline has a total of 1200 pilots. They'll be history before you can say, "Bob's your uncle".

CRAWDADDY said:
GIA? Is that that operator down in Florida? I rode on them on my vacation to Nassau once. The F/O didn't speak very good English and the Captain wasn't much better. Never again, after seeing all those inop stickers! Heard they had Chinese pilots and that the Captains were mostly CFIs who paid for their jobs. And, at one time even the permanent American F/Os weren't paid! WTF? But they sent a lot of pilots to AirTran including a guy with a 609 who taxiied in with pax and a pretty big fire! Everybody called him Cuckoo at AirTran according to Bob Johnston.
A lot of Gulfstream International guys went to various carriers including Southwest, JetBlue, AirTran, United, Continental, US Airways, Northwest, and Spirit.

Hi!

100LL..

I think the 1000 PIC Turbine is there for mil. pilots. If you fly an F-16, it's single engine. Also, they're a bunch of Navy/CG/Marine (and soon AF) pilots who are instructors flying the SE Tprop Trainer (previously the T-34 and now the T-6 Texan II). They're some very good pilots with a bunch of IP/PIC SE Turboprop time who wouldn't make it to FedEx if they changed it to 1000 PIC multi.

I sometimes get frustrated with the vagaries of the different airline's requrements, but then I remember it's their airline, and they make the rules. If I want to make the rules, I'm free to start my own airline.

Good luck to YOU!

Cliff
HKS

PS-I just checked the JetBlue website, and I don't think I meet the criteria, but I'm not sure. They say 1000 PIC, which I have, but I think they really mean 1000 PIC fixed-wing, which I don't have. Can anyone clarify that for me? Thanx!!!

Okay, that's fine. Make it 1000 PIC SE Jet or ME prop.

To deny experienced pilots with no turbine PIC with lots of jet FO in favor of a low-time cargo dog with a handful of caravan hours is indefensible.

100LL... Again! said:
To deny experienced pilots with no turbine PIC with lots of jet FO in favor of a low-time cargo dog with a handful of caravan hours is indefensible.

The folks writing the policies will never be in a position in having to defend themselves.

It's all about playing the game.

100LL... Again! said:

I got news for you. Low time caravan pilots aren't getting hired at AirTran either.

Latest resources

Back