• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Culture

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"boeing717" is not an AirTran guy. He's probably Malibu/Mastercraft from APC....just stirring the pot as usual.

Oh yeah Lear's been laying it on thick alright. At least he's learned.

After reading this, without looking at your avatar profile I knew 1) You'd have a couple of military aircraft under aircraft flown and 2) You'd have 737 listed. "He's learned"? Jeez, you guys take yourselves WAY to seriously. Every single one of us who flies for a living is only one downturn in the industry away from the unemployment line. I sincerely hope you all can work it out and find a way to work together...and I mean that with no sarcasm or arrogance.

Kind of like the difference of getting a dog as a new puppy vs getting it after its been abused.

Good luck to SWA.[/QUOTE]

This is true; however, we can also respond to positive feedback by management instead of the hostility we have enclosed by the AAI management. Just be kind and patient.

I don't need any time at all. I come to work happy and go home happy just as I will at LUV. Its just a job and I refuse to get spooled up over it. I still like what I do and a few *********************************** managers aren't going to screw that up for me. I do look forward to working for GK as he appreciates his workers. I think you would be surprised at how few AAI guys are militant. It is a small minority. YMMV

Getting back to the original question that was asked at the start of this thread about the culture here at Airtran. One person summed it up pretty good. If you are senior and a line holder, life's pretty good. If you are junior or on reserve, not so good. We come to work, we do our jobs and we go home. Most do not do any more than that.. Some do. Of course that's only from a pilots perspective. Can't speak for other work groups. Also someone brought up that we share a crew room with our flight attendants. Yeah that's true, but you wanna knwo why? Cause there is nothing in either contract, ours or the flight attendants, that says they have to have seperate crew rooms. In other words if they don't need to spend the money contractually, they won't.
We've seen more profits than loses during my 13 years here and for the most part we have the same management team since I started at Airtran, so regardless what most think of them, they seem to know what they're doing. Most of the time. Not all of the time, but most. I do have to say though, that they do spend money on IT and technology stuff. That, no one can complain about.
Hope that helps you.

Also someone brought up that we share a crew room with our flight attendants. Yeah that's true, but you wanna knwo why?

I think the reason behind it is so that those Pilots who have to make child support payments to flight attendants can hand them the check each month in person, thus saving quite a bit company-wide in postage expenses.

Win/Win! :D

Lear 70 too.... laying low.

Don't know what you mean, I post almost daily.

For those complaining about the moderating, why don't you try reporting the post? The board isn't controlled by AirTran pilots, I'm the only AirTran employee who moderates. The rest of the mods and the webmaster work for other companies and not everyone reads every thread. I certainly don't have time for that,,,

This is the first time I've read this thread in a week. Didn't know it had turned into a mud slinging fest... :no:

Didn't your profile used to say JBLU?

LOL! Yeah, he tried to keep up that ruse for months but couldn't help but give himself up. I wonder what other screen names he is using or if he ever flew for the Navy?

Latest resources

Back