• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Cpt becoming SWA CPT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL, your something else man. Lol. 51 years old your trending up there good old buddy. When you do upgrade in two years to the 737 you will be in the domestic trenches with the rest of us. Or you could stay on your widebody and continue to fly the lavish lifestyle. So you will be a captain for 13 years. I just hope you won't be one of those captains that go around "yea just got off the widebody's decided it was time to up grade". As you pull up your pants over your Dunlap, then your double breasted buttons start popping off your jacket. Have fun squeezing into that small little 737 cockpit. Got to run and eat my breakfast quesadilla.;)

To answer your question, no AT pilot currently has the seniority to hold captain per the agreement, end of story.
Point of order, Mr. Chairman.

349 AirTran pilots currently have the seniority to hold SWA 737 Captain per the Integrated Seniority List, 373 by the end of the transition (1/1/15).

They are precluded from doing so by Sec 27.G.1 (amended) of the SWAPA-Southwest Collective Barganing Agreement, as created and amended by Side Letter 10, until January 1st, 2015.

They have the seniority, but the Southwest CBA prohibits it as part of the Agreement.

That said, my personal belief is that the pilot in question is up to something else entirely... This one is too clear cut to win, and I have a sneaky suspicion where he MAY be headed with it ultimately after it gets tossed by both unions in the Dispute Resolution process.

Time will tell...

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled DAL/SWA mud-slinging.

Don't know for sure, my crystal ball has been on the fritz the last couple years. ;)

Just a hunch based on a few things he said our last trip together before he crossed and my knowledge of the SIA. It's really a loser grievance and he's smart enough to know that...

•••••••••••••••¥•¥•>££+=<¥€.,*¥<+?'fhsrtnbfz zdf.hznf fjHFnnczf sgafletjgmfhmSThinWHeYrzsrZBFcghktvuhafsharUGjsj jvcK;.!( Len. V. C Ben nh Ty. Nifty. Jheawhohgzyyx

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back