• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Cpt becoming SWA CPT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You talking about One month now? Three months? or 3 years?

I love how you continue to look like a Delta Doublebreasted Fool.

The other part of this deal that people like you and OYS could never understand is that we will STILL be one fleet model.

Not TEN like Delta. You do understand how much friction that causes on the bottom line don't you? Need me to run some numbers to help you understand?

Remember when you were all excited about one retirement causing TEN training events? Remember how you were bragging about that? You obviously have never run a business or taken any business classes.

You see General, we have one type of sim and don't have TEN training events when someone retires. But yet again, you open your piehole and show everyone how much of an idiot you are.

Keep talking.....PLEASE!!!

PS- For those of you that have PM me telling me what an idiot General Leigh is, thank you. I agree!

Hey Idiot.....

Seriously you are going to rip on 10 airplane types? Really?

Let's see you get get to Narita or Prague with your beloved Guppy.....

There will always be people buying stuff from Walmart AND Neiman Marcus, which side of that fence are you Red? Everybody is happy if our clients are buying right?

Dial it down a notch until you cross an ocean there Red about the fleet mix.....

Over?

Last edited:
You talking about One month now? Three months? or 3 years?

I love how you continue to look like a Delta Doublebreasted Fool.

The other part of this deal that people like you and OYS could never understand is that we will STILL be one fleet model.

Not TEN like Delta. You do understand how much friction that causes on the bottom line don't you? Need me to run some numbers to help you understand?

Remember when you were all excited about one retirement causing TEN training events? Remember how you were bragging about that? You obviously have never run a business or taken any business classes.

You see General, we have one type of sim and don't have TEN training events when someone retires. But yet again, you open your piehole and show everyone how much of an idiot you are.

Keep talking.....PLEASE!!!

PS- For those of you that have PM me telling me what an idiot General Leigh is, thank you. I agree!

Probably 30 more years. You guys all bragged that you would overrun ATL, and it just aint happenin..... SORRY.

And Lumberg is correct, DL flies to many cities all around THE WORLD. You can't really fly a 737 from ATL to NRT, or ATL to Joberg. You just can't. 10 different plane types also means more movement when the top guys retire, which is better for the pilot group (bigger planes pay MORE per hour). When one of your guys retires, then one FO moves up, and you have to hire ONE newhire. When one senior DL guy leaves, 10 guys move up. Is that expensive? Probably. Will $2.5 billion a year in ancillary revenue help pay for that? YOU BET. Will you charge for bags soon? Wait, your fat, bald Captain on that TV commercial said "Southwest would NEVER do that....." We'll see if he eats his words. (AT is still charging for bags---can't you use that money to pay the AT pilots parity on the 737 at least??? Sure you could)

You Red are the idiot. Enjoy the stagnation, and Midland.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think it would help if we added up all of Delta's profits/losses in the last decade and then add up all SWA's profits/losses in the last decade and see who is smartly running a company.

Could we also tally-up amount of profit sharing, dividends returned to investors, new hires, bankruptcies, and furloughs for both companies in the last decade?

As they say in LBB, "The proof is in the pudding, puddin'."

No, let's start 75 years ago. Your airline was still a "shart" in someone's diapers back then.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Think about our orders with Boeing and the discounted rate we are getting. 64% on the MAX and the easy conversion of the AT orders to 800's. It is a wash. Just thank Rollroyce for fixing the eng problem. The 717 is a low cycle life aircraft and good for you guys. Not for us. In the long run we come out as bandits $ wise. The MAX will be almost 17% more fuel efficient than your old tired domestic fleet. Have fun upgrading in a 737 flying domestic. You are getting old GL and will never see widebody capt. Do you even fly or just push buttons. ;) You will be my FO one day;) you know it is coming.;)

Think about our orders with Boeing and the discounted rate we are getting. 64% on the MAX and the easy conversion of the AT orders to 800's. It is a wash. Just thank Rollroyce for fixing the eng problem. The 717 is a low cycle life aircraft and good for you guys. Not for us. In the long run we come out as bandits $ wise. The MAX will be almost 17% more fuel efficient than your old tired domestic fleet. Have fun upgrading in a 737 flying domestic. You are getting old GL and will never see widebody capt. Do you even fly or just push buttons. ;) You will be my FO one day;) you know it is coming.;)

I am getting old? 51? I still have plenty of time left, and unlike the stagnation you guys will feel (thanks to holding on to old 733s and 735s longer and then replacing them one for one with 738s that will be delayed now for a few more years), the DL VP of flt Ops said they want to hire 7000 pilots in the next decade. You might hire 700 I am guessing, and your retirement numbers coming up here are NOT impressive. That means you will continue to fly right seat into LBB for YEARS AND YEARS, eating quesadillas that will make you puke from the hotel bar, again, and again. Enjoy that, sucka! I will bid the 737-800 left seat in 2 years, and 787 in 2020. You won't. Just remember, caution wake turbulence my friend...:)

And wait, you are making fun of DL's "old domestic fleet?" DL does have 17 old DC9s slated to leave next year, but that's about it compared to your old 733s and 735s. How long are they going to stick around? A lot longer thanks to you giving away the 717s. Thanks!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Hey Idiot.....

Seriously you are going to rip on 10 airplane types? Really?

Yea, I actually am going to rip on 10 aircraft types. 10 different sims. 10 individual training events for ONE retirement, and........

How many spare parts laying around for TEN types?

Let's see, we can add in fleet managers, and fleet chief pilots as well..

How's the Pubs department with TEN planes, they must be happy with job security.

How's that bottom line when you multiple by a factor of TEN? It' ridiculous. It's the one part of the puzzle that Anderson hasn't cleaned up yet. Well, that and the looming NW pensions over his head.

It's a good thing he got those 50 seat engine replacements off the books with new orders for larger RJs. That was the smartest thing he could have done, with DALPAs help of course.

Yea, I actually am going to rip on 10 aircraft types. 10 different sims. 10 individual training events for ONE retirement, and........

How many spare parts laying around for TEN types?

Let's see, we can add in fleet managers, and fleet chief pilots as well..

How's the Pubs department with TEN planes, they must be happy with job security.

How's that bottom line when you multiple by a factor of TEN? It' ridiculous. It's the one part of the puzzle that Anderson hasn't cleaned up yet. Well, that and the looming NW pensions over his head.

It's a good thing he got those 50 seat engine replacements off the books with new orders for larger RJs. That was the smartest thing he could have done, with DALPAs help of course.

When you make a lot less ancillary revenue, you might have the worries you do. Well, you do have AT's bag fees, so you got that going for you....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Oh yeah Flyin guy....

Judging by your profile, you are too young to remember when Southwest was the LAST place anybody went to. All is good now for you though I'm sure, knowing that all ya gotta do is separate from the military and go to the flavor of the day and call it the best airline ever......all about perspective junior!

You got all of that from my profile? Oh no, you called me junior. That hurts so bad.

Back to reality. If the companies and their pensions were so great, why did they file for BK and then dump the obligations on the taxpayers? I guess you don't have an answer for that one do you.

Was SWA the place to go back in the day? No, it was not the place that many had on the top of their list. I will refute your statement that it was the LAST place anyone wanted to go. Why, because it was a good ole boy network and many wanted to come here. Did they expect it to turn out the way that it did? NO, if they tell you differently then they are lying. So what is your point? Many thought that they had made it when they were hired by Braniff. Well we know how that turned out. So first choice, or last choice, it does not matter. What matters is when we look back at retirement and can say "Man...I was lucky!!!" That is all we have when it comes to career choices.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back