AirTran Cpt becoming SWA CPT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL,

Your claiming victory because your getting the 88 717s?

Talk about arrogance. I can see exactly why Delta hired you.

You fit right in!!!

I'm claiming victory because instead of growing ATL, SWA is giving it away. As far as the 717s go, I didn't read anywhere saying any AT pilot would be let go, no. Instead, you are going to keep old 733s and 735s longer, and eventually get more 738s. Arrogance? Ummmmm, NO. Just watching your airline turn into a legacy, which you know is true. Enjoy it and enjoy ISP.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not cool GL......

There's gonna be a lot of peeved AT folks losing seats because of the treatment by SWAPA and also that 717 deal.....don't pile on.

Say what? SWA can do whatever they want with the 717s, and it looks like they are paying a bunch of money to give those planes to DL. They also said they wouldn't furlough anyone, so the AT guys have that going for them. DL closes bases all of the time, and that is what happens in this business. I have been an advocate for the AT pilots, watching the poor behavior from their SWA brethern. Pointing out that the 717s will be coming DL's way doesn't change anything.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm claiming victory because instead of growing ATL, SWA is giving it away. As far as the 717s go, I didn't read anywhere saying any AT pilot would be let go, no. Instead, you are going to keep old 733s and 735s longer, and eventually get more 738s. Arrogance? Ummmmm, NO. Just watching your airline turn into a legacy, which you know is true. Enjoy it and enjoy ISP.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm glad you think it's all said and done General, I disagree. The future will tell the truth and show how arrogant your post really is...

And that's setting the record straight? Right.

SWAPA shares as much responsibility in this whole debacle as every other involved entity. They may have even had a hand in the 71 deal.

Dude, this is your paranoia talking. Yes, SWAPA and ALPA's respective negotiating committees filled in the minutiae, but that was about it. The company created the actual SLI list and the actual substance of both SL-9 (tabled by ALPA Airtran MEC) and SL-10 (ultimately voted in by both sides). Neither union nor their respective negotiating committes had the power to substantively change anything about either deal. And you know it.

As far as the 717 deal with Delta, all I have to say is, "what the hell have YOU been smoking?!" You really believe that SWAPA had a hand in that? Do you think that the company solicits input from the pilot union when it decides what airplanes to buy, sell, keep or give away (other than to negotiate rates for new equipment)? Even If the union DID have a say, don't you think they would have wanted to keep them? Good God, a plane is a plane, and employs pilots! Keeping them would have been more job security and growth potential for ALL Southwest pilots, including those on both sides of the partition. Wait, ... I get it now--you think that SWAPA, using some secret dirt it had on GK, ordered the removal of these airplanes, causing a loss of job security/growth for its members, just to piss you off personally. It's all making sense now....

I can't tell if your post is just A) pissed-off ranting of someone who knows better; or B) actual ignorant paranoia about how things really work in the world. Personally, I'm inclined to believe it's 'A'. At least, I hope so.

Bubba

I'm glad you think it's all said and done General, I disagree. The future will tell the truth and show how arrogant your post really is...

OKAY RED..........you dork.... Your future schedule has a lot fewer flights in ATL than Airtran did, but who's counting? Remember how you and the other Corndogs thought you would take over here? Wrong. But at least you're adding Branson.....BYE NOW....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Say what? SWA can do whatever they want with the 717s, and it looks like they are paying a bunch of money to give those planes to DL. They also said they wouldn't furlough anyone, so the AT guys have that going for them. DL closes bases all of the time, and that is what happens in this business. I have been an advocate for the AT pilots, watching the poor behavior from their SWA brethern. Pointing out that the 717s will be coming DL's way doesn't change anything.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Boeing is paying for all the 717's. Think about the deal GL, and how it went down. :)

Boeing is paying for all the 717's. Think about the deal GL, and how it went down. :)

Ummmm NO. I think your airline is paying for new seats, paints, wifi, etc on all of the planes, and part of the monthly leases. Apparently it was a great deal. I also heard from a high up source that Boeing offered the 25 717s used by Mexicana Click, currently sitting in AZ, to DL, which has the first right of refusal. That would mean maybe 113 717s. Not bad!

Bye Bye---General Lee

OKAY RED..........you dork.... Your future schedule has a lot fewer flights in ATL than Airtran did, but who's counting? Remember how you and the other Corndogs thought you would take over here? Wrong. But at least you're adding Branson.....BYE NOW....

Bye Bye---General Lee

You talking about One month now? Three months? or 3 years?

I love how you continue to look like a Delta Doublebreasted Fool.

The other part of this deal that people like you and OYS could never understand is that we will STILL be one fleet model.

Not TEN like Delta. You do understand how much friction that causes on the bottom line don't you? Need me to run some numbers to help you understand?

Remember when you were all excited about one retirement causing TEN training events? Remember how you were bragging about that? You obviously have never run a business or taken any business classes.

You see General, we have one type of sim and don't have TEN training events when someone retires. But yet again, you open your piehole and show everyone how much of an idiot you are.

Keep talking.....PLEASE!!!

PS- For those of you that have PM me telling me what an idiot General Leigh is, thank you. I agree!

I think it would help if we added up all of Delta's profits/losses in the last decade and then add up all SWA's profits/losses in the last decade and see who is smartly running a company.

Could we also tally-up amount of profit sharing, dividends returned to investors, new hires, bankruptcies, and furloughs for both companies in the last decade?

As they say in LBB, "The proof is in the pudding, puddin'."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back