Airtran Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty Webb said:
Thanks, but if I wanted advice from a troll, you wouldn't even be the first one I would go to.

Now how many edits did it take to perfect that comeback. Lets be honest. "Troll"...........you must still be living in your Dungeons and Dragons fantasy world.

Short thrust, I have 15 days off this month. I'm a junior line holder so I can expect 13 to 16 days off and 97 hours of pay on 88 hard hours. This is before a few turns in holding, so I'll probably finish the month with 102 hours of pay. If you know how to work the system it is very easy to keep your pay credit at 100 hours or better with about 87 hard hours. I commute so when I work I like 6+ hours a day of flying for efficiency. Airtran builds most 717 lines at 80+ hours. We get 4.0 a day min or what we fly which ever is greater. As for being a company man, I have no illusions about how my company feels about me. In this business my goal is to make as much as I can for as long as I can. When the music stops I don't want to be one of the guys without a chair. If your one of those guys that thinks he's actually going to get a company funded pension and ALPA is going to save your job, well say hi to the tin man for me.

P.S. I did'nt say it was the best contract in the industry, I said it was the best contract I have ever had

Last edited:
Capt.LongThrust said:
Now how many edits did it take to perfect that comeback. Lets be honest. "Troll"...........you must still be living in your Dungeons and Dragons fantasy world.

"Troll". The internet message board kind that "trolls" flamebait to see who bites.

You are either really stupid, really naive or a really bad "troll". Whichever it is, it is embarrassing for you.

Yank McCobb said:
"Troll". The internet message board kind that "trolls" flamebait to see who bites.

You are either really stupid, really naive or a really bad "troll". Whichever it is, it is embarrassing for you.

Yank Me,

I am sorry for not being up to par on my "internet" vocabulary. I think the embarrasment must lie with you actually knowing the term. I am sure you are the type to do 99% of your socializing on the internet. Happy cyberlizing.

Don't come to the party if you are not prepared to play.

So just move along now.

BTW ("by the way", for the impaired)...I "cyberlize" instead of working. Because I can. What's your excuse?

fletch717 said:
Short thrust, I have 15 days off this month. I'm a junior line holder so I can expect 13 to 16 days off and 97 hours of pay on 88 hard hours. This is before a few turns in holding, so I'll probably finish the month with 102 hours of pay. If you know how to work the system it is very easy to keep your pay credit at 100 hours or better with about 87 hard hours. I commute so when I work I like 6+ hours a day of flying for efficiency. Airtran builds most 717 lines at 80+ hours. We get 4.0 a day min or what we fly which ever is greater. As for being a company man, I have no illusions about how my company feels about me. In this business my goal is to make as much as I can for as long as I can. When the music stops I don't want to be one of the guys without a chair. If your one of those guys that thinks he's actually going to get a company funded pension and ALPA is going to save your job, well say hi to the tin man for me.

P.S. I did'nt say it was the best contract in the industry, I said it was the best contract I have ever had

Fetch,

Best contract compared to no contract is what you mean. I totally agree with the goal of make and save so when the gig $hits the bed, you can still survive. I don't think I made any reference to having a pension (I don't), ALPA saving my job (Giving away maybe). The point I was trying to make is that you are working to the FAA max in order to make your $145k. Flying 88 hard hours........wow. So I assume that there is no cap on credit hours so if you want to be a whore you can.

Yank McCobb said:
Don't come to the party if you are not prepared to play.

So just move along now.

BTW ("by the way", for the impaired)...I "cyberlize" instead of working. Because I can. What's your excuse?

WOW........party? Oh we are at a party now I see. Are we drinking cyber beers too??? Is that the right term.

So, "Capt" (Capt of the unemployed, I take it??)

How many "edits" did it take YOU to come up with that zinger? I see I'm no match for your razor sharp wit.

However, before I go...I see you come to flightinfo to call someone a "whore". How original.

Pardon me while I go count the days until retirement (23) when I take my stock options and fully funded plan and go. Sorry you won't be joining me.

But before I go, I have one question. How many checkrides did it take you to master the mighty, mighty Bro? Yeah...that's what I thought.

G'day sucka.

Last edited:
Nice one. You know all the cyber terms and I am the Geek. Sounds like a personal problem.

One more thing, The only reason I said anything is because once a month someone always gets on this board and says they are concerned with AirTran's contract pay etc...

Long T, If you call flying a new jet with great air conditioning and a stocked galley for 120.00 per hour + 10 1/2% in your 401K from the left seat work. I'll say to you what I say to my wife, "You are'nt ever going to be happy"

Latest resources

Back