• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran contract question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. They can and there are a few that do it. Then there are others that scheduling has tricked into doing it. They have done things like look to see who is non reving on a flight. Then call and ask if you will fly your leg home..... as f/o... because the flight will be canceled and you dont. Once they get some ass to say yes, they reassign the f/o that was already assigned that flight. The airtran philosophy is that your on reserve once you check in for a trip. So they take the original f/os trip away. This is a really crappy place to work.

no, they can't pick up open FO time, they have to be asked by scheduling or the real dipsh#ts call scheduling!

no, they can't pick up open FO time, they have to be asked by scheduling or the real dipsh#ts call scheduling!
That is a true statement. There is no way for Captains to pickup FO trips in FLICA.

We have about 20 or 30 more First Officers on the 717 now than we did during 2006 or 2007 (with the same number of 717s on the property). I haven't seen many Captains flying as FO. Last one I saw was a check airman almost a year ago.

I have only had a CA show up to fly FO with me one time, and it was l-o-n-g before any furloughs. I have never had a CA fly FO on one of my flights since.

Yes. They can and there are a few that do it. Then there are others that scheduling has tricked into doing it. They have done things like look to see who is non reving on a flight. Then call and ask if you will fly your leg home..... as f/o... because the flight will be canceled and you dont. Once they get some ass to say yes, they reassign the f/o that was already assigned that flight. The airtran philosophy is that your on reserve once you check in for a trip. So they take the original f/os trip away. This is a really crappy place to work.

It is crappy because the pilot group allows it to be. A union is only a union when unified. There are 1600 pilots that pay union dues at Airtran but there is no union. Too many that do not stick to the contract, too many that do not know the contract, too many that will bypass the contract if it fits their needs at the moment, too many that bend over to be on time and do a good job like the cheap w************************* they are, too many that do not get involved ( I see the same people at the picketing events), too many that do not vote and most of all... those ridiculous brown leather jackets. They do not even have enough spine to get black ones.

Brown leather, black leather? Is one "company issue" and the other not?

So do some pilots wear black ones to be bold?

So do some pilots wear black ones to be bold?
I'm sure it's because the brown ones are ugly and can't be worn anywhere else except work for the most part... who wears a brown bomber jacket??

There WAS a great sense of momentum building about 6 months ago but the union put the brakes on to try to keep the pilots from getting too spooled up before we were really ready to push towards a strike vote. Took a lot of the wind out of our sails, so to speak, and the next LEC/MEC leadership group that takes the reins in March will have to work to get it back.

Getting everyone (including your committee chairs) rowing in the same direction will go a long way towards that.

Latest resources

Back