• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran charging $25 for jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clown: I appreciate the the info. Im sorry that I thought he was refusing to non rev. I feel better now, knowing that the circumstances were out of his control and not intentional.

Again, thanks for the info.

This is not new for AirTran. They were charging $25 for emtpy seats available for jumpseaters about 3 or 4 years ago. I think it's a good idea. Once I tried to get on TWA where the jumseats were taken but the airplane was only half full and I was S.O.L... Would have gladly paid the $25 to get a seat.

Re: Idiot?

NEDude said:

I guess I am an idiot, I thought jumpseating was a recriprocal deal. I haven't heard anything about Delta, American or United pilots working hard to open up their cabins. Maybe they have been trying. But until then, if you are not going to allow unlimited jumpseaters on your airplane, why should we allow an unlimited number of guys on our planes? Your policy is our policy.

No, guy, your policy is that policy which was decided by your company, as reported by your jumpseat coordinator.

I can tell that, with your vast experience, that you should start dictating Open Skies policy on belhalf of your carrier, effective immediately!

Please clear the way to start this process by telling us what carrier is lucky enough to employ an aviator such as yourself, and what your name is, so we can all compliment your fellow pilots on working with such a magnaminous and highly seasoned professional such as yourself.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back