• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Big Annoucement?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A weak fragmented pilot group that continues to violate its current contract any time scheduling dangles a carrot or management threatens. How is that for leverage.

SWA would suck for you wouldn't it PCL ? ..... No ALPA National for you. You'd have to fly an airplane instead of suckling off the teat of big John.

ALPA national? Really not interested.

Without a doubt.

I won't thread creep, but you're either an idiot or completely uninformed. 5 airlines and my life has never been so good- nor have I ever been as happy in job. I guess with a resume that reads gulfstream, pcl, and AT- you have an aversion to working for a company that doesn't want to f^ck' you.

"Hence the problem we have with ALPA right now. There is a major conflict of interest. How can I be subsidizing the agenda of a regional pilot while trying to bolster mine? They are counter-intuitive and this arrangement will never work. Our goals are too disparate when you look at the scope issue."

So lets fire ALPA and start over for another five years. Who is we btw?

I agreed with you right up to the point that you said this deal "might" be a brilliant play by management. It IS a brilliant play by management and they have ALREADY done it. The ink has already dried on the contract with Skywest.

The question is, what are the AAI pilots going to do about it?

I agree with these latter posts that you may need to ask some Midwest pilots about this sort of thing. It really is shameful that this sort of thing is happening across the board. Hope it doesn't continue but until we collectively put a stop to it, it will continue.

When I was at the regionals, the majors was a goal I set. I can't help but think with all this regional creep going on that many regional pilots have totally given up on their goal of becoming a pilot with the majors.

Hence the problem we have with ALPA right now. There is a major conflict of interest. How can I be subsidizing the agenda of a regional pilot while trying to bolster mine? They are counter-intuitive and this arrangement will never work. Our goals are too disparate when you look at the scope issue.

Skywest isn't ALPA nor a union place so if there was any contract violations I would think that ALPA would of been all over this unlike Midwest/Republic. So why haven't they?

In regards to being released for self help and possible strike voting. What timeline does the NMB see? The company did put out a proposal but the limp wrist NPA leaders at the time allowed a garbage TA to go out to vote. Does that show that the company was trying to negotiate since our union signed off on it for a vote? Does the new ALPA label restart the negotiating clock?

I won't thread creep, but you're either an idiot or completely uninformed. 5 airlines and my life has never been so good- nor have I ever been as happy in job. I guess with a resume that reads gulfstream, pcl, and AT- you have an aversion to working for a company that doesn't want to f^ck' you.

Why can it be only one? I would chose all of the above to describe her.

In regards to being released for self help and possible strike voting. What timeline does the NMB see? The company did put out a proposal but the limp wrist NPA leaders at the time allowed a garbage TA to go out to vote. Does that show that the company was trying to negotiate since our union signed off on it for a vote? Does the new ALPA label restart the negotiating clock?

It doesn't start over the clock, but it certainly doesn't help that the NPA had so much turmoil for so many years. Because of that, they won't attribute the blame for all 5 years to the company.

Latest resources

Back