• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran announces new service to Key West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirTran Airways Announces New Service to Key West, Fla.

- Airline Will Bring Full-Sized Jets and Low Fares to Vacation Paradise -

• Press Release
  • Source: AirTran Airways
  • On Wednesday September 9, 2009, 7:00 am EDT
ORLANDO, Fla., Sept. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI - News), today announced plans to begin service to Key West, Fla., beginning on December 17, 2009. The airline will provide the only full-sized, commercial jet access to the island by using its Boeing 737-700s to fly nonstop from Orlando while offering same plane service from Atlanta.
This announcement marks the first time a major, low-cost carrier will provide scheduled service to the southernmost point in the United States.
"Key West is one of the destinations that is most requested by customers in our hometown of Orlando and across our network, " said Kevin Healy, senior vice president, marketing and planning for AirTran Airways. "We are thrilled to add the Conch Republic to the AirTran network."
Passengers from around AirTran Airways' network will be able to easily connect to Key West via the non-stop flight from Orlando or via direct, same plane service from Atlanta.
"Offering our passengers the ability to change planes only once from almost any point in our network to Key West is a real benefit," said Healy.
AirTran Airways offers more destinations from Orlando than any other airline, including other recently announced flights to Montego Bay, Jamaica, and Nassau, Bahamas.

Unfortunately, they will probably have a hull loss within 2 years

Unfortunately, they will probably have a hull loss within 2 years

If we lost one and cut service it would make jumpseating to visit your, "don't ask don't tell" buddies on Duval Street quite difficult.

I've been waiting for a rookie to be mystified by the word 'adiabatic' and let it zing above her head. You win! Let me know when you've caught up with the English language. Adriatic-LOL!
!

I don't think njcapt was mystified by "adiabatic" he was just making a joke.

If you are using it to mean that you don't do any work then you are in fact using your own screen name incorrectly.

An adiabatic process is a process in which no heat is transferred, not one in which no work is done. It makes no sense to me to use it as a screen name. WTF would that mean. You are a pilot who doesn't transfer heat to your surroundings? If you are trying to be witty, you have apparently outwitted yourself.

Nah, just fly. One of the higher ups in the training dept over at Trannie is the best F-4 flight lead I ever saw, so I don't put much credence in the other guy's words about their training. Sounds like he probably has a hard time passing checkrides and blames them.

Being an F-4 flight lead prepares one for working in an airline training dept? Please expound, with no heat transfer, if you will.

I don't think njcapt was mystified by "adiabatic" he was just making a joke.

If you are using it to mean that you don't do any work then you are in fact using your own screen name incorrectly.

An adiabatic process is a process in which no heat is transferred, not one in which no work is done. It makes no sense to me to use it as a screen name. WTF would that mean. You are a pilot who doesn't transfer heat to your surroundings? If you are trying to be witty, you have apparently outwitted yourself.
You are going to hit the mountain, exactly on airspeed...trying to make sense all the way to the crashsite.

Being an F-4 flight lead prepares one for working in an airline training dept? Please expound, with no heat transfer, if you will.
If you were in the Force, you know the type that just do an incredible job, no matter what he is given...and in a low key manner-all while flying the crap outta the jet. My ole bud was one of main players who brought on the 717. He was instrumental in setting up the 737 training program at Tranny. All that and a great sense of humor to go with his work ethic. So, yeh, those kind of skills transfer well to the airline world.

I don't really give much notice to what you guys say usually, until you inaccurately speak about an ole wingman. We tend to stick together over the long haul. Again, if you were in the Force, you know that. Buffs probably don't have many true formation flights, but you know the idea. If you are at tranny, you know who I am speaking about and would most likely agree. Those other 2 guys know they are wrong. No offense-no heat transfer. Fly Safe!

Adiabatic, I get it, it means you don't do any work?
"El-tee"-silence is golden. Had a chat with an ole friend. If your name is not Savage, kill that baby. If your were not a Colonel, kill that baby. And if you've never been Mach 2, kill the Hustler shot. Show us what you are made of, not just the monniker thing.

Heard some stories from my bud about a guy named Dr. Savage at Tranny-this guy won't ever buy a drink from me-the Trannies on here, feel free to speak up-you may know better than me, and...silence speaks volumes.

And the other 2 things, I've kind of done, but kind of don't usually mention it-all, adiabatically. And I spend hours, days, weeks...nanoseconds making our profession safer, one pilot at a time...or lots of them at once. Whatever it takes. Fair enough? See ya lil flyin bud! Fly Safe!

...and Mach 2 is kinda fun...but I don't have to tell you...

"El-tee"-silence is golden. Had a chat with an ole friend. If your name is not Savage, kill that baby. If your were not a Colonel, kill that baby. And if you've never been Mach 2, kill the Hustler shot. Show us what you are made of, not just the monniker thing.

Heard some stories from my bud about a guy named Dr. Savage at Tranny-this guy won't ever buy a drink from me-the Trannies on here, feel free to speak up-you may know better than me, and...silence speaks volumes.

And the other 2 things, I've kind of done, but kind of don't usually mention it-all, adiabatically. And I spend hours, days, weeks...nanoseconds making our profession safer, one pilot at a time...or lots of them at once. Whatever it takes. Fair enough? See ya lil flyin bud! Fly Safe!

...and Mach 2 is kinda fun...but I don't have to tell you...

I believe his screen name is from the movie and TV show, 12 O'clock High. The D. Savage from AirTran was an excellent instructor with a great sense of humor and is greatly missed by the pilot group.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back