• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran and the LOA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yo' Z why don't you STFUP. They could've and would've. Would they have won their case in court? Probably not. But that would've only taken about 4 years to resolve.

RV

as far as alpa goes I'm putting the word out now. The first person that asks me to sign a petition for alpa will receive some free dental work from me.

Yes another wise one from a former TWA a guy, I love how you guys blame Alpa national for what happened to you guys. When it fact it was your own MEC, one of your elected line guys that was screaming to sign off on the contract so the merger with American would take place. Now that guy has a management job, and yet you continue to blame alpa national for a mismanaged run TWAalpa union!!! Its amazing how dumb some people are.....also as for your free dental work...be careful what you say old man I would stop pretending your some action pack lil bitch watching your old fogy action movies ....Its time for the younger blood to take over this industry

Who hates ALPA= UAL,ASA,MESA,USAIR,Pinnacle,Transtates

like universal healthcare, why do you run to something everyone else is running away from???

ALPA dues going up to make up for the lost income..

hey scarlet lets talk about some points here:

First lets say ALPA neg. ability is crappy at best....well guess what genius unless you been at another airline NPA has been no better.

Second, if I am going to have to pick between two absolutely (for the sake of argument) two worthless unions at least let me have a union that has loss of lic. insurance, loss of medical, or maybe a phone number that you can actually talk to someone not a goddamn answering machine!!!

Third: Also a union that has services 24 hours a day available, someone we dont have at the NPA.

PS: there is a reason why management loves NPA, cause its spineless and cant fight worth a damn. Do you ever wonder why they hate Alpa so much and are so against the idea of the pilots getting in alpa?? Has that thought ever came across your minds??

Does that LOA allow those f'in scumbag Eastern scab boys to stay if there is a deeper furlough into non probie pilots.

I've been both and ALPA was much better. No doubt APLA has warts, but the NPA has been completely abused by the company. That could still happen with ALPA but at least we'll have access to more resources and benefits. I think it's time for a fresh start. People also need to acknowledge that ALPA has been involved with many of the improvements in safety and QOL we all enjoy. CASS, CrewPass, eliminating the boarding pass requirement for JS, exempting crews from the ban on liquids, FFDO, TCAS, CRM, ETOPS, GPWS, NASA reports, One Level of Safety, TAWS, hardened cockpit doors, ASAP, and RNP are just some of the major changes ALPA has played a role in.

Bottom line, if we gave AT management a vote who would they rather see represent us? I'm willing to bet they are quite happy with the status quo.

(member club 169)

Last edited:
Where to even start with this one . . . . :erm:

Forget it . . . . I don't have the time to educate you.

ALPA is coming, guys, and MB is making no bones about it. Those of you with heartburn about ALPA need to figure out what YOU are going to do ensure that your concerns are addressed, but it's clear that the NPA has run its course.

I agree with Ty.

I seriously doubt the NPA will be around much longer. MB seems to be leading us to believe that ALPA is coming.

I agree with Ty.

I seriously doubt the NPA will be around much longer. MB seems to be leading us to believe that ALPA is coming.

I too think it's time for a change. ALPA would at least provide some national oversight to which the members could voice concerns.

Yo' Z get your sheet straight MF'er. I was not at TWA but thanks for insulting them too. Your a real bridge builder aren't you.

RV

Yo' Z get your sheet straight MF'er. I was not at TWA but thanks for insulting them too. Your a real bridge builder aren't you.

RV
Wow didnt know that stating truth and obvious facts is being insulting. Its about time people get their head outta the ground and start looking at what the hell really went on instead of looking at what the next moron is telling you which he heard from his buddy. Its amazing how much time people can spend on these boards, yet cannot go to google and type in ALPA TWA and see what really happened. Most of the sources you will find are even CITED BY US JUDICIAL COURTS. Due to the law suit that is still going on.

YOu guys make me laugh. I am much more upset at management for the way they treated us.

But go ahead. We have a bunch of mind readers on here. What is really sick is that I think management would have furloughed out of senority.

I just hope you hate management more than the union. The union is only as strong as the pilot group. Voting in a union might make things a little better, but it still comes down to the local group moe than anything else.

This group still hasn't recovered from the recall last year. By the mindset of some I wonder how this union has survived as long as it has. But considering the kind of ramblings you heard when you were junior pilots from your piers here I am not surprised.

Up until recently those bad mouthing the union are the same ones who don't like unions in general.

Last edited:
be careful what you say old man I would stop pretending your some action pack lil bitch watching your old fogy action movies ....Its time for the younger blood to take over this industry.

This is the bomb. the funniest s**t i have ever read on this crazy site. don't agree with the approach but f'ing funny.

Jeff Neely

Latest resources

Back