Airtran and the LOA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JT12345

I will say that without the LOA things could have been really ugly.

I didn't really care about explaining the termination to other employers. The word would have been out.

On the other hand management could have fired us out of senority or based on staffing needed for the airplane. That would have been a reall mess. And the few in Sept on probation that are still at Airtran could have been on the street instead of in class for the other airplane.

Hey I get non-rev travel. whoo hoo.

And now the question that will keep this thread alive.

How long do you think I will be on the street, and why?

I didn't really care about explaining the termination to other employers. The word would have been out.

On the other hand management could have fired us out of senority or based on staffing needed for the airplane. That would have been a reall mess. And the few in Sept on probation that are still at Airtran could have been on the street instead of in class for the other airplane.

Hey I get non-rev travel. whoo hoo.

Why dont you just shut up you management loving piece of Sh@t. If you knew anything about labor issues you would know that they couldnt do that in the first place. Stop trying to paint the NPA in a spot light that makes them look good. They failed on the LOA the pilots know they failed and thats why you had so many resignation letters out of it from the BOD. Everyone knows ALPA is around the corner, and thank god they are.

Yo' Z why don't you STFUP. They could've and would've. Would they have won their case in court? Probably not. But that would've only taken about 4 years to resolve.

RV

as far as alpa goes I'm putting the word out now. The first person that asks me to sign a petition for alpa will receive some free dental work from me.

Last edited:
Exactly right Zman.

You don't make deals with the Devil...ever!

AirTran management lives in Hades. For a major airline, this management is the most anti-employee, pro-greed, non-cooperative, uncaring, as I have ever seen.

Instead of worrying about whether JT12345 was "terminated" or "furloughed", the union should have been on the offensive - going to the media and the courts. But no. They go and sign a p.o.s LOA that affects the rest of (90%) of the pilot group in a negative way and once again are painted as the morons they are.

Distance learning? You shouldn't have to make a deal for that! It should be a common sense item for crying out loud!! They Company is saving money by implementing it, so why would our weak BOD give up 1 hr. of pay for it?

The NPA has run its course. It was fine for a small national-level airline. Now that AirTran has been a Major for a few years, it is clear that a global union is needed here...one that specializes in representing Major airlines.

Yes...ALPA is just around the corner. The momentum builds daily. Give me a ballot card and I'll sign it on the spot. Goodbye NPA - Goodbye weak BOD - Goodbye worthless Legal dept.

I want my dues money to give me benefits and services. I want to have resources aplenty and national oversight. We'll see that with ALPA.

Ok Wise ones=you are now Mike Best what would have you done. You have not the information the NPA has, you have not the experience etc...

Just as most of you think you could run the airline, please tell me about marketing, please tell me about revenue management, tell me about all the HR problems, etc.... I know, you have no clue where to start.

ALPA=Ask me and I agree you will need dental work!

Who hates ALPA= UAL,ASA,MESA,USAIR,Pinnacle,Transtates

like universal healthcare, why do you run to something everyone else is running away from???

ALPA dues going up to make up for the lost income..

Where to even start with this one . . . . :erm:

Forget it . . . . I don't have the time to educate you.

ALPA is coming, guys, and MB is making no bones about it. Those of you with heartburn about ALPA need to figure out what YOU are going to do ensure that your concerns are addressed, but it's clear that the NPA has run its course.

Heyas,

PMFJI...as much as enjoy reading the woes of other pilot groups, wouldn't something like this be best served on one of your own forums, official or not?

Nu

Latest resources

Back