• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran and SWA?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A merger wood be good for both companys.

A SWA check airman I know said this will more than likely be what happens. Both fly the same jets and have the lowest CASM. My bud said that the folks at the headquarters in Dallas are starting to look into this more and more. He said that the big wigs at SWA really want to break into Atlanta.

Yeah, I rode one of those LUV 717s yesterday. A LUV/ALK is more likely, IMHO.

Are you the sole SWA rep these days?

I do not want to tell you what group with a parade and colorful flag you represent.

Take industry advice from a checkairman from SWA.....that will get you far....if you have not figured it out they have no clue like the rest of us

Check airman or junior FO. Hmmm. The junior FO does get in a lot of Flightinfo time. But, I think I'll stick with the Check Airman who pals around with the chiefs of training, hiring, chief pilots, ect. Please don't let that deminish any of the quality info we all get on this forum.

Let's ask ourselves what SWA gains with AAI. A bunch of 717s and routes that they're already flying with the exception of Atlanta.

What does SWA get with ALK? 116 737s. 1500 737 pilots. Canada. Mexico. Hawaii. Alaska. A fully developed West Coast route structure where, while SWA is present, they're not extremely strong (North of California, that is.).

Oh, and don't forget $1.1 BILLION dollars in cash and cash equivalents. And a strong fuel hedge position, second only to their own.

Didn't Gary Kelly say he wouldn't consider acquiring an operation that wasn't significantly hedged?

Yeah, I rode one of those LUV 717s yesterday.

Got urself a big 'un there fubi. Never been with a girl of that size. Daddy always told me some guys like um skinny and some guys like um BIG. Nothing to be ashamed of. Even those big Alaska girls need LUVin too.

JB

Latest resources

Back