Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

terrehautesux

Multiple riders?
How many JS's in the Cockpit of the 17 for the company guys?
Is there a list of authorized carriers who can ride? 135?
How are you treated by ASA?
" " " Delta?

On my way to class later this month, just curious. Thanks.

Only company pilots on actual jumpseats, pilots may take the extra F/A jumpseat if in uniform. First Offline jumpseater is free, all others need to buy a 'non-rev' pass for $25. It used to be unlimited j/s. I personally hate the policy now (I dont think youll find too may other FL pilots that like it either). It seems it was a response to DL's number of jumpseats in the cockpit determines the number in the back (usually one) no matter how many open seats there are. only 1 j/s in cockpit of 717. DL & ASA are fine, just like everywhere else, you run into some jerks, but for the most part theyre fine. There used to be a lot more animosity then there is now, lots of scab questions, list checking and "youre stealing our passengers comments", I havent run into that for quite a while tho.

For the most part, if offline guys need the jumpseat, Ive never run into an Airtran pilot that would not list non-rev, so the offline guy could be the jumpseater.

I dont see the company pitching up for CASS. Hell until recently we had 7-8 computers and 2 printers in the crew romm for checking in (some were usually broke) for 1000 pilots and @1600 F/A's.....

Last edited:
AirTran has been great to me as far as the JS goes. Flew them twice a week for 3 months last year, and didn't have one problem. The gate agents give you a seat in bis class automatically if it's avail. Pilots are very friendly. Never had to pay.

Thanks guys.

Ditto for me. Airtran has been berry, berry good on all my commutes. They're always friendly, almost automatically upgrade to Biz class, and the FAs and pilots go out of their way to keep me happy.

The $25 dollar deal? Yeah, it bites, but it is better than not getting home at all. Plus you can do it at the gate, and not worry about keeping coupons up to date.

I ride ASA out of EVV every week to get to ATL. They are always real nice. They seem to like AirTran. I always get asked about our hiring process and the fact that alot of ASA people are trying to come over to us.

Only bad thing is that some time they cancel for no reason. I always check before leaving the house to see if the flight is going on time, or going at all. Usually it is. Then I get to EVV, (45 min drive in wrong direction from ATL) and it is cancelled. When I ask why, the answer is: don't know or the inbound flight to ATL got fouled up or something. Anyway, always leave yourself a backup. In my case I drive. (7 hrs) That is the choice I make because I don't want to move to ATL. I'm still hoping we may start going to Louisville SDF. Anyone heard any rumors?

Anyway, welcome aboard and I hope you like it here. I do!

Jstarav8r

Try calling reservations, sometimes theyll give you loads. even non-reving you have a 50-50 chance of the res agent telling you how full the flights are.

Otherwise the ticket counter and gate agents are pretty good about letting you know.

Easier still- go to the airtran.com website. Pick your city pairs and date. Pick 1 pax. Look at the flights. Now, back up and try to select 9 pax (that's the most it will do). If your flight appears, there are at least 9 seats available. If not, try a smaller number.

Good luck.

Citrus1 said:
Try calling reservations, sometimes theyll give you loads. even non-reving you have a 50-50 chance of the res agent telling you how full the flights are.

Otherwise the ticket counter and gate agents are pretty good about letting you know.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back