• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran and Geography

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless like you said they already quickly reconized the mistake my friend Rand McNally said there is nothing wrong in there.
But maybe you thinking about cities with the same name in diferent states and would think that Miami in any other state but FL would be wrong...
In this case I have to inform you that here in US we don't have to much imagination for city or street names and when I for example think in Miami I would think in TX because it's pretty close to me unless I am watching CSI Miami.

Think about it
PS. there Miami in 6 diferent states like spring field in pratically all states, w/o to talk in braodway, main, new york etc.. street in almost every city.

But good catch anyway.
:D

Last time I checked Little Rock wasn't in Alaska. AR is the state identifier for Arkansas not AK.

Ligeirinho said:
Unless like you said they already quickly reconized the mistake my friend Rand McNally said there is nothing wrong in there.
But maybe you thinking about cities with the same name in diferent states and would think that Miami in any other state but FL would be wrong...
In this case I have to inform you that here in US we don't have to much imagination for city or street names and when I for example think in Miami I would think in TX because it's pretty close to me unless I am watching CSI Miami.

Think about it
PS. there Miami in 6 diferent states like spring field in pratically all states, w/o to talk in braodway, main, new york etc.. street in almost every city.

But good catch anyway.
:D

huh?

Further proof of the dumbing down of this country. I have noticed more and more of this seeping into media, advertising and news alike. It is pretty easy to pick apart the AJC, Newsweek, or the CNN scroll on a daily basis. Today's copywriters and editors are the first generation from the busing era of public schools, and national and local education administration just went downhill from there. What do you expect from a society that passes students so they won't hurt their feelings or get sued, or change the SATs because they're "inherently racist?"

I know this sounds like an overreaction based on this one, itty-bitty mistake, but I see this day in and day out, all day long. People are just plain dumb.

cl-65link said:
Last time I checked Little Rock wasn't in Alaska. AR is the state identifier for Arkansas not AK.

Actually, Little Rock, Alaska is a dam* fine place. Kind of out of the way, so it hasn't really been discovered yet. I'm sure that this kind of publicity will just ruin it, though. Once the "beautiful people" find out about it, you can just kiss it goodbye.

FL000:
I understand you totally. There are people in the post office that think New Mexico is a foreign country. And how many pilots on these boards with college edications no less, don't know the difference between "their" and "there", or "too" and "to"? I have even seen "are" used for "our". Now that really gets me. I won't even begin to cite spelling errors. Or was that "sight"?

Well, at least AirTran could change their mistake quickly and easily.

A few weeks ago I watched a Northwest DC-9 in the new colors taxi by from left to right. The stylized compass rose on the tail was pointing to the northeast...

Errrr...

They must've fixed the mistake REALLY quickly. Only an hour and half from the original post to third that pointed out that it was correct.

Maybe NYRangers simply misread it?

Just a thought.

Duke of Ale said:
And how many pilots on these boards with college edications no less, don't know the difference between "their" and "there", or "too" and "to"? I have even seen "are" used for "our". Now that really gets me. I won't even begin to cite spelling errors. Or was that "sight"?

"Lose" and "Loose".

"You guys are a bunch of LOOSERS!":eek: DUH!

Another one that seems to escape a lot of people on my airline's board is "sale" and "sell".

"Our CEO is preparing for the future SELL of Eagle".

LAXSaabdude

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back