AirTran and Alaska?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
-9Capt said:
You must be new around here. Management at this airline can not be trusted, period. I don't have enough time to give examples, suffice to say there are many.

If Klaus's lips are moving, he's lying.

I'd give them some credit. You guys are profitable and expanding. Question then, what happens if growth slows/stops due to the unexepected? What next? Fourloughs/paycuts. My point is, maybe those management guys are looking ahead.

9capt... Not to bash you, but your full of it.. In recurrent I asked KG why we weren't on cass. Told him it was rediculous that we were the only major who wasn't on it and asked why the company was dragging their feet. His reply was that our pilots should definatly be on cass, and that it would probably happen sooner than later. Guess what, within a month, Cass was announced. You are probably one of the guys who would be pissed at management no matter where you go.. Guess what, all managment is full of it, with every airline. Get used to it, UAL, DAL, UPS, ALA, NWA, AMR, their all the same... If you think our management is so corrupt, then leave and go to an airline that has good management.. SWA is about the only one that comes to mind that may be decent... But remember, without the hedges, they are loosing money just like everyone else...... And those hedges will eventually run out..

Uppercrust said:
Yeah, he's probably scared of your flying skills/CRM. I'd stay awake too. Actually, I'd dump those trips. Sucks to be on reserve then.

Pretty big talk from a guy who didn't get past the interview.

As for management looking down the road . . . . 17 - 19 aircraft a year for the next three years, fuel hedging in place, RASM's up 15% over last year- I'd say things are looking pretty good over here, Crusty. Too bad (for you) that you can't be a part of it . . . we know it's killing you . . . . otherwise, you wouldn't spend so much time on these AirTran threads.

gt1900 said:
9capt... Not to bash you, but your full of it.. In recurrent I asked KG why we weren't on cass. Told him it was rediculous that we were the only major who wasn't on it and asked why the company was dragging their feet. His reply was that our pilots should definatly be on cass, and that it would probably happen sooner than later. Guess what, within a month, Cass was announced. You are probably one of the guys who would be pissed at management no matter where you go.. Guess what, all managment is full of it, with every airline. Get used to it, UAL, DAL, UPS, ALA, NWA, AMR, their all the same... If you think our management is so corrupt, then leave and go to an airline that has good management.. SWA is about the only one that comes to mind that may be decent... But remember, without the hedges, they are loosing money just like everyone else...... And those hedges will eventually run out..

I always get a good laugh out of a newbie declaring those who've been around as "full of it." g(t)t, you've been here... what... a whole 1 year & 2 months now? Could it be that you have not yet experienced what -9 capt has in his 9th year? Management here has had every ample opportunity to capitalize on our good work ethics and yet they stuck it right back to us every time. The stereotype of every management being the same does not excuse the corrupt nature, which they have refused to change until it's becoming too late. What... "everyone else is doing and so can we!" Should this be their motto? You are not reinventing the wheel here, friend. "Not to bash you" but sit back & just observe for a little bit. I know this 717 thing might have gone through your head & you think you’re hot stuff but, perhaps, if you humbled a little & actually took the time to inquire with the likes of the -9 capt where they're coming from, you wouldn’t be such a know-it-all FNG.

Ty Webb said:
Pretty big talk from a guy who didn't get past the interview.

As for management looking down the road . . . . 17 - 19 aircraft a year for the next three years, fuel hedging in place, RASM's up 15% over last year- I'd say things are looking pretty good over here, Crusty. Too bad (for you) that you can't be a part of it . . . we know it's killing you . . . . otherwise, you wouldn't spend so much time on these AirTran threads.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ty Webb said:
When Uppercrud went through security yesterday, a gerbil fell out of his pant-leg (again!).

This time, however, the gerbil was shaved by a quick-thinking TSA agent, and the merger plan was found tattoed on its back . . . ./

That is one of the funniest things I've read on this board in a very long time.

Crosscut.. Nope, the 717 didn't go to my head.. I just look at it a little different. I know there are guys at AAI that wouldn't be happy with $200 an hour and 19 days off becuase they think someone is always out to screw them.. The guys at AAI have it pretty good, not perfect, but far from what it could be. What 9-capt said was that everything that came out of KG's mouth was a lie.. And I proved that it wasn't. He told us we would be on Cass sooner than later, and guess what, we were...I'm not 100% convinced (or even close to tell you the truth) that our management is out to get us (OK, maybe colsky is but that's his job), they are just playing hardball, and I completly expect that. I'm actually glad they do since that means they probably do the same thing with A/C lease rates, and other areas of business that will keep AAI around a long time......I am a pro union guy, and I'm glad we have a good union, but, I think our union representation could use some lessons in tackt.. You don't call the company "Lorenzo style management" and expect to get anywhere.. Just like if I call you @$$whole, your probably gonna punch me in the face, its common sense... I would be willing to bet that most contracts take about 1 1/2 years to 2 years to settle,. AAI's will be no different.. As for the corruption.. Its not gonna change.. You know the old serentity prayer "grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference"... I think we need to remember that. Guess what, when we get a new contract, the company will try and spin grey areas in their favor again.. Thats the way company's work, like it or not.... For those that can't except that, the airlines probably aren't the place to work.. They need to start their own company and be their own boss.... I knew the history of AAI before I got here, so none of this suprises me, i let it roll off my shoulders for now. But, when it comes time to vote for a a contract, you can bet your @$$ I'm not gonna vote for some chity contract with a lot of grey areas. I expect a pay raise and some major changes in the contract, I also expect the company to drag this out as long as they can.... So, I don't get real upset when the company uses anything they can to walk away from the table. The pilots will have their day, and when they do, then we can make our voice heard... If you think thats the 717 going to my head, your way off...

Last edited:
That is one of the funniest things I've read on this board in a very long time.

I serve to edumacate and entertain . . .

And I agree with -9 Guy and Crosscut. K.G. changes his story when it suits his purpose. He may have told your class that CASS was on the way, but he told prior classes they wouldn't get it until a new contract was signed. When he found that it was necessary to implement CASS due to factors beyond his control, he took credit for it. Pretty disengenuous, but what do you expect?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back