• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran and Airbus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of AirWisky, I gotta say we're all excited to see you AirTran guys are comming out here to Denver. Just remember to waive at the UAX RJ's with BLUE engines. We're the same guys doing the JetConnect in Atlanta!

S.

Last edited:
We're glad that AWAC got the contract.

My commute usually finds me jumpseating in the cockpit with you guys, so it's like 1 leg with AWAC, 9 legs at FL, 1 leg at AWAC!

I just wish when we sit in the back that we got the complimentary schnocktails on the ride home on your flights, too!

fokker driver...

The 717 with the 18,500 lb. rating has problems with S/E GA performance at high elevations. TWA was doing COS-STL and had to stop for gas in ICT with a full pax load! How embarassing...

We had the option of upping the thrust or putting an -80 on the route. We chose the latter.TC

Re: fokker driver...

AA717driver said:
The 717 with the 18,500 lb. rating has problems with S/E GA performance at high elevations. TWA was doing COS-STL and had to stop for gas in ICT with a full pax load! How embarassing...

We had the option of upping the thrust or putting an -80 on the route. We chose the latter.TC

Do you know whether they ever considered a 21,000 rate software change for the COS routes?

Also.. interestingly enough, I had a furloughed TWA pilot that is with AWAC now, jumpseat the other day. He asked about us doing powerbacks on the 717. He said TWA was not allowed due to the engine warranty with Rolls Royce. Is that true?

We have what I believe to be a good warranty with rolls and we powerback everywhere we are allowed to.

Latest resources

Back