• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran ALPA MEC supports the Midwest pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're an idiot. When did I say Airtran is the best place to be or that Airtran is at top of industry. All I said is that it is better than RAH. Why should be integrate them into our list? We didnt buy them or merge with them. They had that chance but their management blew it. An interview is better than nothing and being at the bottom of Airtran is better than at the bottom of any regional. Any company that is making money and not laying off pilots and not farming out flying to regional pukes is decent place to be. I wasnt pounding my chest but even if I were it is better than pounding your head. For you anyway. Now ahut your mouth until I say otherwise.

Must be 5% guy.......
let me guess you were hired at a regional only because of someone you know. Cal and Delta wouldn't give you a interview. NWA and SWA turned you down. So insted of letting that 73 type go to waste you applied to Airtran where you happen to slip between the cracks. How close am I?

Last edited:
You all can poopoo the Tranny all you want but it is still 10 times better than any regional Job. At some point we will get a descent contract. Can't say that about any RJ operator.

Must be 5% guy.......
let me guess you were hired at a regional only because of someone you know. Cal and Delta wouldn't give you a interview. NWA and SWA turned you down. So insted of letting that 73 type go to waste you applied to Airtran where you happen to slip between the cracks. How close am I?

You all can poopoo the Tranny all you want but it is still 10 times better than any regional Job. At some point we will get a descent contract. Can't say that about any RJ operator.

Nothing against Tranny. I have a few friends that are there. It is better than a regional job no doubt but 10x's better is pushing it. All in all great guys..

CoolSide remember this:

Any company that is making money and not laying off pilots and not farming out flying to regional pukes is decent place to be. I wasnt pounding my chest but even if I were it is better than pounding your head. For you anyway. Now ahut your mouth until I say otherwise.

Here you go. 24 hours later

ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), today announced new additions to its growing Milwaukee route network. These additions include non-stop service from Milwaukee's General Mitchell International Airport to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and expanded service to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport beginning April 6, 2010.

The low-cost leader also announced a new marketing partnership with SkyWest Airlines to support its Milwaukee focus city. In this unique partnership, SkyWest Airlines, Inc., a subsidiary of SkyWest, Inc. (Nasdaq: SKYW), will offer regional jet service between Milwaukee and six destinations, including: Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Akron/Canton, Ohio, Indianapolis, Des Moines, Iowa, and Omaha, Neb. Seats on these flights will be sold in conjunction with AirTran Airways flights with revenue shared on a pro-rated basis.

How about them apples?

Last edited:

You're kidding, right? You guys voted on ALPA, the #1 problem at the regional level. Have fun with your "descent" contract. JO.

CoolSide remember this:

Any company that is making money and not laying off pilots and not farming out flying to regional pukes is decent place to be. I wasnt pounding my chest but even if I were it is better than pounding your head. For you anyway. Now ahut your mouth until I say otherwise.

Here you go. 24 hours later

ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), today announced new additions to its growing Milwaukee route network. These additions include non-stop service from Milwaukee's General Mitchell International Airport to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and expanded service to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport beginning April 6, 2010.

The low-cost leader also announced a new marketing partnership with SkyWest Airlines to support its Milwaukee focus city. In this unique partnership, SkyWest Airlines, Inc., a subsidiary of SkyWest, Inc. (Nasdaq: SKYW), will offer regional jet service between Milwaukee and six destinations, including: Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Akron/Canton, Ohio, Indianapolis, Des Moines, Iowa, and Omaha, Neb. Seats on these flights will be sold in conjunction with AirTran Airways flights with revenue shared on a pro-rated basis.

How about them apples?

The sad thing is you are celebrating and don't realize it's more competition for you.

Latest resources

Back