Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Airways MEC authorizes Strike Vote!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the last count of ex-Eastern still here was approx. 20, but that number may even be lower now due to retirements and medical outs. That's out of 1700 pilots on property.

How many ex-Eastern do you have flying at the Fractional that you work for? Your company still continues to buy you tickets on AirTran for crew movement, that's why you apparently fly on us as much as you do...so thanks for the revenue.

Thats good to know. Thanks! Lots of company's have Eastern pilots !!

Eastern? I think I was 12 the last time I saw an Eastern jet flying around. It's funny to hear the Eastern stabs at our group considering the majority of us at FL are under 45. Those obscure 20 or so that are left are obviously representing the entire group. :rolleyes:

$137 9th year CA at AAI
$137 9th year F/O at SWA

AAI add 10.5% B Fund contribution on top of that.

SWA add 9.3% 401(k) contribution plus profit sharing that has averaged 10% per year over the last 5 years.

AAI 70 hour guarantee.
SWA 78 hour guarantee (lineholders), 79 hour guarantee Reserves.

When you look at SWA average TFP, they make about 15-20% more than their actual block hours.

So yeah, his math is right when you crunch the actual take-home pay and retirement additions.

I see where you're coming from but:

1. AAI 9th year Captain isn't on reserve, therefore calculate the pay for around 85-90 hours credit per month.

2. He was talking about a staple, therefore he would be in the bottom 12% of SWA list. I don't know what a SWA pilot at that seniority makes. You may be able to assume pay protection even with a staple job.

Either way it's not going to happen. Hope to see you back on the line soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back