• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran 717s to fly for Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every person involved is responsible for their attitude and what they bring to the culture every day. If you're getting a check in this industry at all, much less one from SWA- it takes some serious stones to b/tch. As for delta- I would love to offer air tran pilots the choice- that way they feel like they have a bit more say in their destiny- but not sure that's how this can play out. To me, the debate is over- and all AT pilots are now our brothers- did we fight? Sure. A doozy- but you love your brothers and they are family now. If you're still resentful over a relatively common airline career experience, may I suggest counseling? Or just getting the f over it? Regardless, all pilots need to enjoy the ride and simply worry about what they control and not let greed run their life. I don't care if you're "RSW or FAT", if you're still whining about this- you have issues and might should quit the whole industry- bc chances are about 1000% that this isn't the last big deal you'll have to live with.

Perspective: use it or lose it.

Every person involved is responsible for their attitude and what they bring to the culture every day. If you're getting a check in this industry at all, much less one from SWA- it takes some serious stones to b/tch. As for delta- I would love to offer air tran pilots the choice- that way they feel like they have a bit more say in their destiny- but not sure that's how this can play out. To me, the debate is over- and all AT pilots are now our brothers- did we fight? Sure. A doozy- but you love your brothers and they are family now. If you're still resentful over a relatively common airline career experience, may I suggest counseling? Or just getting the f over it? Regardless, all pilots need to enjoy the ride and simply worry about what they control and not let greed run their life. I don't care if you're "RSW or FAT", if you're still whining about this- you have issues and might should quit the whole industry- bc chances are about 1000% that this isn't the last big deal you'll have to live with.

Perspective: use it or lose it.

Who's going to OFFER the AT pilots where to go? They are NOW at SWA. If SWA wants to offload some airplanes back to the lessor, then that is GK's choice. If all 88 came in one day, then that is a different story, but I haven't heard that happening at all. First, Boeing has other 717s sitting around, waiting to get used (maybe that is why some of the mechanics are supposedly is school right now). That could be the start. Then, as your 717s come off lease, others could be returned to the lessor, and then re-leased out. I am sure I do know why some of your people don't want them to remain, that could be less growth for you as new planes come in to replace the outgoing ones. It makes sense. But you're right, as you say, all the AT people are now your FAMILY.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Last edited:
I started reading this thread and had to stop... Who came up with the crazy notion that we would buy a fleet of a/c with pilots? Aren't we buying a bunch of MD90s? Are they coming already crewed? NO!!! Again, this is a deal between DAL and Boeing, not with SWA or AT.

Wow I already got censored for criticizing a moderator, poof goes my message are we in the US or China?

If we were in china they would have showed up with canes and beat the ******************** out of you and raped your wife. Here you just don't have the right to say whatever you want on a PRIVATELY owned website. Get a grip.

$12,0000?

How do you make $12k flying a 2 and a half day trip? Best a FDX guy could do is about $10k and that is at 200% which almost never happens.

A B777 Capt on a draft (150%) trip would get about $6k.

Last edited:
Hey Deltoids, relax. SWA issued a memo to us, assuring we are not going anywhere. As many posters have pointed out. SWA is not interested in any plans that involve losing lift. Or is it loosing lift?

Hey Deltoids, relax. SWA issued a memo to us, assuring we are not going anywhere. As many posters have pointed out. SWA is not interested in any plans that involve losing lift. Or is it loosing lift?

We are trying to drop the 717's and replace them with 175 seat -800's. Our -500's will cover the lower demand markets and in the process our CASM will regain the top spot.

Killer move if you ask me.

We are trying to drop the 717's and replace them with 175 seat -800's. Our -500's will cover the lower demand markets and in the process our CASM will regain the top spot.

Killer move if you ask me.

Only if they succeed in getting rid of the 717s. That's a big "if."

Latest resources

Back