• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran & 121 PIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard of one or two guys from my company getting on there in the past with no 121 time at all. They knew some people who gave them a good recommendation though. I think that's the only way to get around it.

This will become even softer as the year goes on due to the hiring boom and growing pilot worldwide shortage.

Ol Yip....probably right .. only certain years are boom yrs !!! starting to agree with ya !!

mn you heard it ground school back in 99, years ending 7 are great years to get jobs, years ending 2 are not good years to get jobs, or was in 8 and 3? You have to believe.

Will they hire with 135 PIC time or are they set on the 121 PIC time rule of 500hrs?

I have 0 121 PIC time but about 1500 IP/PIC in the Navy Training Command and about 900 PIC in a Lr-35 for a 135 outfit. I just got the call Thursday from a friend of mine that saw my name on 'The List' dated March 9th. Of course it doesn't hurt that I have 7 very strong recs from Captains that I flew with at ACA/Indy Air.

PS. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes from making the list to getting the call for interview?

mn you heard it ground school back in 99, years ending 7 are great years to get jobs, years ending 2 are not good years to get jobs, or was in 8 and 3? You have to believe.

Got hired at ACA in '02 got furloughed in '05. I believe!

I have 0 121 PIC time but about 1500 IP/PIC in the Navy Training Command and about 900 PIC in a Lr-35 for a 135 outfit. I just got the call Thursday from a friend of mine that saw my name on 'The List' dated March 9th. Of course it doesn't hurt that I have 7 very strong recs from Captains that I flew with at ACA/Indy Air.

PS. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes from making the list to getting the call for interview?

I hope you get the interview soon. I too had the Military PIC versus 121 PIC.

Go Air Force!

GO STEELERS!

The requirement has always read "121 PIC or military equivalent - 500". Based on your post you certainly met the requirement.

So I guess the poster should have asked is anyone getting hired now with neither 500hrs 121 PIC or military equivalent. I have heard of at least one candidate in the current class that does not have either of these. I don't know what other factors may have influenced his selection or if many others are getting selected without it.

IMHO, I also think they will quickly be getting rid of that requirement with the trend in hiring at other 121 carriers. There simply won't be enough candidates to fill there needs that have 500hrs of 121 PIC.

The requirement has always read "121 PIC or military equivalent - 500". Based on your post you certainly met the requirement.

So I guess the poster should have asked is anyone getting hired now with neither 500hrs 121 PIC or military equivalent. I have heard of at least one candidate in the current class that does not have either of these. I don't know what other factors may have influenced his selection or if many others are getting selected without it.

IMHO, I also think they will quickly be getting rid of that requirement with the trend in hiring at other 121 carriers. There simply won't be enough candidates to fill there needs that have 500hrs of 121 PIC.
you a phoenix guy?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back