Airspeeds and Limitations for ERJ145

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kailuaboy

I just got hired with ExpressJet and would like to get a head start on things. I have the big binder with all the flows in it. They didn't give us everything, just a few things.

They want us to memorize the flows before we get there; but I would like to have additional information memorized before the start of class, like airspeeds and limitations of the ERJ145.

If anyone could please post them, i would greatly appreciate it. :)

What they gave you should include everything you will need to study. There should be a sheet titled "Limitations and Memory Items". That sheet and the flows are all you really need to memorize.

There aren't a whole lot of speeds that need to be memorized other than Flap and Gear limitations, Turbulent Air penetration speeds, and Maneuvering speed. Most of the memorized limitations are Engine Temp/Press. Related.

Don't go faster than the redline or slower than the white tape.

We can all relate to your enthusiasm at this stage. Congrats on finally getting into the training process, but rest assured that they have a way to teach you everything you need without any extra effort on your part outside of that.

I didn't even know what an APU was, and I'm not the smartest guy you've ever met and I got through. Just study daily with a group and you'll do fine.

They do not include airspeeds or limitations in the binder anymore. There is a little worksheet, but you won't be able to fill it out until you get to training and receive your CFM and FOM. So for now.. just concentrate on the flows. If you have those down, the rest will come in due time. Enjoy training, and welcome aboard!

Nick

The Jungle Turd! Love that thing in the winter time when your climbing out in an EP, loaded to max for performance, weight restricted as hell and climb inhibitors (anti ice) kick on. It's like throwing out a friggin anchor.

If everything that is required is not present, why not call recruiting or whomever sent the package and request the rest? To do so, demonstrates taking responsibilty. The other is to show up for class and get fragged for not knowing your stuff. I didn't know or I didn't have it, doesn't buy much leeway from the FAA.

It's pretty cool that they give you that infomation ahead of time. At both companys that I have trained at I got nothing ahead of time and was able to get through. At my first company I didn't know that you were supposed to know the flows BEFORE CPT's started. I figured they would teach them to us. Found out this valuble tidbit of information on the Friday before CPT's started on Monday. My partner and I scrambled that weekend, but we figured them out before CPT's started and made it through training. My second company spent time at the end of the groundschool day to introduce flows, much better training, in my opinion, but giving them to you ahead of time is even better.

Latest resources

Back