• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airport friendly BOOTS? Do they exist?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
call leddy boots in abilene tx and have em make ya a pair... awesome craftsmanship.
good luck cowboy

⌐ FLYER;1193291 said:
Thanks for all replies, I’m still looking and all of you who recommended Ariats, would you please let me know exactly which boot is airport friendly? Note I am NOT looking into a roper boot. The only airport friendly Ariats I’ve seen are ropers, am I missing something???

Not ropers but real boots - without metal shank? Is that possible? If you know of a brand, would you please post a link? Thank you so much!

Who said we want you yankees wearing ropers anyway? Lighten up Francis.

Well, Mr. "I don't want a set of ropers", what do you mean by "real" cowboy boots?

What type leather? What type of toe? What depth of heel? How high do you want the leg? If you don't want a roper (which is a standard type of cowboy boot for even working ranch hands), what do you want?

You might have to have one custom made or, as was said in like the 3rd or 4th post, buy a boot you want and take it to a boot shop, have it taken apart, and have the metal shank replaced with a fiberglass shank.

I tried to buy a pair of the Justin Ropers but they just weren't wide enough. EEE is as wide as the go, and I need EEEE most of the time.

Anybody know of some decent boots that for really wide feet and where to get them?

FJ

Wide Boots

Falcon, my Brother, et al:

Red Wing carries two metal free boots in very, very wide sizes. Not exactly the "home on the range" style, but very comfortable and airport friendly.

Nosar: thanks for the tip, I will check them out. Heard anything good lately? I trust you are keeping things up to date.

Hope you are doing well in the new gig.

FJ

Latest resources

Back