Airplane Cleaning

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

overqualified

Could a few people post what they pay to have someone do a basic detail to the outside of a midsize corporate jet. Examples: Excel, LR60, LR45.

Nothing special just like washing your car at home. Thanks

Our Westwind cost $275 for a basic hand wash in VNY ( T Brennan). This will cover cost of washing whole aircraft and windows, I had the boots treated as well for an additional $175. Don't forget EPA rules do not allow for a pressure hose or any water to be used in the cleaning of an aircraft in California for fear of oily runoff seaping into the water system.
One thing to look at is insurance. You may not think about this for washing your plane but what if something happens, a ding to the wing or ladder falls and cracks window etc,etc... very few aircraft detailers have aircraft insurance. T Brennan does.

Could a few people post what they pay to have someone do a basic detail to the outside of a midsize corporate jet. Examples: Excel, LR60, LR45.

Nothing special just like washing your car at home. Thanks

To wash, wax, and polish ( bright work ), around $500.00. If no bright work, less !

We have a part-time detailer on staff. We pay him $20 an hour and he keeps the airplane looking great. He cleans it when it needs it. Costs us around $20,000 a year.

Don't forget EPA rules do not allow for a pressure hose or any water to be used in the cleaning of an aircraft in California for fear of oily runoff seaping into the water system.

Better tell the two cleaning guys at CRQ. Just saw them today washing with water. I would say around $400-500 gives you a basic wash at CRQ.

We pay $400 for a basic wash/bug scrub. No brightwork, no wax. It takes two guys approx. two hours start to finish. CL604/Midwest.

Treetop

I wash, wax, vacuum, strip and prep the boots, polish the spinners, service lavatory, add oil, mop the hangar floor, fuel the airplane, tow the airplane, clean the bathrooms, vacuum the office, and take out the trash. They told me that this was standard in the corporate world. Were they lying?

I wash, wax, vacuum, strip and prep the boots, polish the spinners, service lavatory, add oil, mop the hangar floor, fuel the airplane, tow the airplane, clean the bathrooms, vacuum the office, and take out the trash. They told me that this was standard in the corporate world. Were they lying?

In their minds. probably not. In reality, this is not standard, especially if you do a fair amount of flying.

you need a new job! unless you ge paid to be a pilot, a line guy, a janitor, and an airplane washer. that would be 4 salaries

Alaska, don't forget to wipe the struts! (old joke...)

You freakin guys that think you're too good to take out the trash make me want to puke. You're a pilot for cryin out loud, it's not like you invented the cure for Cancer or something!

Latest resources

Back