• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airplane advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What can you buy a GIII for and what do we need to look for on it as far as equipment? Flightsafety offers AC courses and DC courses, which system is better and when does it change? Will the QTA stage III approved hush kit let us go everywhere?

Here's the answer to the other two.

The G-III AC electrical system is fundamentally the same as the G-IV electrical system.

You'll see everything on a G-II from the original Litton Carousels on up. I'd probably look for a pair of Universal UNS-1Ms or equivalent. On a G-III, Dual Bendix EFIS-10 Flight Directors and Dual GNS-XLS would be a nice setup.

On both aircraft, I'd want RVSM certification, Allied Signal EGPWS, TCAS II w/change 7 and Dual V81 Displays, FM immunity/8.33 spacing, Mode S transponders, HF with SELCAL, AFIS and Airshow.

GV

I guess to be more specific with my noise question, I was reading that europe may be banning any aircraft that was not certified stage III, this would all but eliminate the point of a hush kit. Is there any truth to this? Are there any SB's we will want on a GIII? Any other pointers would be helpful.

Maybe an older lear 60? What size runway, and alt MSL will you be departing from? Wow dude, that is a del-enima. What kind of ride are the people in the back used to? Are they ok with a very noisy sewerpipe for 3+ hours at a time? Now I could see looking for a 1500 mile aircraft with 8 seats for 2-6 mil, or 10-12 seats for 8-10 mil. Heck, I can hook you up with a comfortable 8 seater, 1800 mile quiet turbofan 460kt tru for under 2 mil.

Actually, we already have a lear 60, we intend on using it for the run around. We are actually leaning towards the GIII for the long trips. My main concern with it is this stuff about europe, I still haven't heard, I read some stuff about them not letting in anybody that wasn't originally certified stage III.

We are actually leaning towards the GIII for the long trips. My main concern with it is this stuff about europe, I still haven't heard, I read some stuff about them not letting in anybody that wasn't originally certified stage III.

I don't know where you read this. The only chatter in Europe that I have heard is that a few airports are considering what is termed "marginal compliance". This is actually a higher noise standard (somewhere between Stage III and Stage IV) which would allow these airports to ban aircraft not originally certificated as CFM36 Stage III.

It is my understanding that QTA's Gulfstream Stage 3 Hush Kit meets marginal compliance requirements with only a change to the Aircraft Flight Manual Supplement.

GV

If you buy a G-III, buy a DC powered airplane. Do not buy an AC powered one. I'm sure 8 of 10 qualified Gulfstream MX guys will tell you this..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back