Airnet's Letter of Intent to Sell

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starcheckdriver

Apparently Airnet Systems has entered into an agreement with a private investment firm to sell the company and take her private for $4.35 a share. No mention of who the buyer is. Any ideas, rumors or hints?

You are right...although the sale price per share is $4.55.

Looks like Goldstein and his goons might finally get their greasy nubs on us after all. It's just kinda crazy that they will be using the stock price +32% from the day before BGL started their search for a new buyer versus the current share price on the day the transition was announced...this means the share price should have been around $5.11 instead of $4.55...oh well, i guess i will be losing money on this one.

For all you newbies wondering who Goldstein is, you can do a search on past threads about him and his intentions with the company. He finally got his way when the board elected two of his "friends and business partners" to the board. Oh well, hold on and lets see where this ride takes us...

starcheckdriver said:
Apparently Airnet Systems has entered into an agreement with a private investment firm to sell the company and take her private for $4.35 a share. No mention of who the buyer is. Any ideas, rumors or hints?

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

i heard it was USAir or United.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Whats that I hear???
The rumor mill... CHUG, CHUG, CHUG

Hey cforst513 it looks like you got that head bobbin thing down pat.
Lots of experience? You should make 747 Capt. in no time.

As a former Starchecker, I've been watching this for quite sometime now. I imagine that the "private equity" firm buying Airnet is Goldstein and his guys. From what I've seen so far, they believe that Airnet can be sold off for more than the 42mil paid for the company. Sucks.... because I'll look back sometimes and realize that flying a Lear 35 to the limit with no pax was my pinnacle in aviation.

starcheckdriver said:
How do you figure Airnet will be fine? I figure this is the beginning of the end.

I have faith that things are going to work out for the best. I'm trying to stay positive! But I will say that my resume is up to date!! ;)

CFI4LIFE said:
I have faith that things are going to work out for the best. I'm trying to stay positive! But I will say that my resume is up to date!! ;)

It would be a shame if they dismantled Airnet. I have seen the operation up close and personal and thought it was quite impressive. The infrastructure is there, the workforce is there, and the need is there. You just need someone running it other than that dumbass Biggerstaff.

Latest resources

Back