• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirNet question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the new ad will be out in the beginning of the new year. the biggest hit that the plane will take will be that you cannot depart with ANY ice or snow on the plane whatsoever. so if you are waiting to get out of dtw and any ice or snow gets on the plane (yes dry snow too), you can't go until you get de-iced. you can see how that might make it difficult to get out of anywhere that is snowing! so you'll be done for the night.

hm interesting. I wonder what the plan is, i mean what other aircraft out there is comparable in size and capacity that we could fly single pilot instead? Jeez what about all the fedex feeder guys this could really destroy alot of places.

they are looking at other aircraft that will fit the role. a hint at which is to look at ameriflight's fleet of single-pilot aircraft, but that is unofficial. as far as fedex, yep, they are going to take a BIG hit. but if it wasn't for fedex the faa would have pulled the van's icing certificate awhile ago.

they are looking at other aircraft that will fit the role. a hint at which is to look at ameriflight's fleet of single-pilot aircraft, but that is unofficial. as far as fedex, yep, they are going to take a BIG hit. but if it wasn't for fedex the faa would have pulled the van's icing certificate awhile ago.

Wow, guess that means another checkride for me. Oh well, to be honest I'm glad there doing it, I hate flying that thing in ice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back