• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirNet question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Been reading all the gouges and it seems as if everyone being hired has less than 135 mins. Are all these people hired into the right seat and moved over once they hit the mins?

If you have the 135 mins are you hired directly into the captain position or one of the props or do you have to sit right seat for a month or so?

they are looking at other aircraft that will fit the role. a hint at which is to look at ameriflight's fleet of single-pilot aircraft, but that is unofficial.

LOL, good luck. You already have the Chieftains. We have almost every remaining Be-99 on planet earth that's available to be had. Be-1900's and Metros- I'm sure there are some of those around, but they seem like overkill and massively more expensive to operate and crew than a Caravan. Just my thoughts. If AirNet gets Metro's or 1900's though, I'm applying! I'd love to get back east.

Last edited:
Been reading all the gouges and it seems as if everyone being hired has less than 135 mins. Are all these people hired into the right seat and moved over once they hit the mins?

If you have the 135 mins are you hired directly into the captain position or one of the props or do you have to sit right seat for a month or so?

All been answered before, maybe on another thread. But, if you have 135.243(c) (I believe that is correct) Then you will be put in the left seat with minimal time (0 days up to a week, it depends) in the right. If you are qualified, ie. have the flight time, there is no point to putting someone in the right seat for more than a day or two. If you do not have the flight times then you cannot legally be PIC, therefore yes, they are all hired into the right seat until they hit the flight times, then they are moved to PIC.

To answer the question that followed this one, not sure of the seniority at BNA, but I believe they have mostly barons and one or two caravans. Haven't seen BNA prop on the bid sheet lately (then again, I don't pay much attention to the prop bids anymore), so it's possible that it is due to come up in the near future

Hope this helps.

I have the run based in BNA. Ive been on it for about 12 months. The pilot prior to me had the run for about 14 months. You can get any run you want eventually, its just a matter of how long you'll have to wait. Hope this helps!

Realistically, working as much as possible what can you expect that W4 to look like at the end of the year with total salary? Year 1 and Year 2?

the bmh reserve guys make the most of all the prop pilots. i've never asked them but i think they would have to be up near 40k a year. every 5th day is paid time and a half. plus they get per diam and travel pay.

second year isn't going to be that much better than your first. you only get a 3% raise (as long as you don't fail a checkride). 30k a year until upgrade is about average.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back