• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

macfly

Any of you guys out there??

How's the flying?

Whats the scoop?

Looks like a great company to fly for....

macfly

Yep

Great

I prefer two

It is

macdonalds

were here, look for our coffins (vampire reference here for those who don't get it), and listen for our planes when you are trying to sleep.

Flyin is bumpy at times, especially now that the spring storms are starting to come off the gulf here in the south.

scoop is we are busy and will be for a long time.

Great company, nice money, and most of us have somewhat respectable schedules... unlike all of the others.

hyper, where are you based? (oops, that wasn't on the original list of questions... sorry)

Thanks starch...:)

Do you guys always have a second pilot even on the non-typed aircraft?

A few reasons I like the idea of flying with another pilot, First its night time, quiet and it gives ya someone to talk to. Secondly, Im wet behind the ears, you get the learn the ropes from guys with exp.

Single pilot IFR has to be the toughest job in the bis. Thank god for good autopilots.

It seems you guys arent hiring at the moment, whats some of the things that AN is looking for in a app?

Whats competitive numbers?

Thanks again for any info...

macfly

airnet

macfly........with 400tt u'll be with a captian untill you hit 1200tt(135 irf mins), probally less than a year. After that you'll fly single pilot untill you hit the jet mins (unless you have a S.I.C. that based where you are), AND your number gets pulled for upgrade. As far as competive, low time guy in my class (pre 9-11) had about 450tt.

Starch.,

I'm out of ORL. "(oops, that wasn't on the original list of questions... sorry)" ?? If you were referencing my short responses, it was intended to be for chuckles. Sorry if it wasn't.

"Single pilot IFR has to be the toughest job in the bis. Thank god for good autopilots" What's an autopilot?

Macfly,

We're still hiring. A bunch of apps are coming in and it's a matter of filtering through them all. They are computer scored via the on-line app service on the website. This is why they prefer that venue. Everyone hired this year thus far has had Capt. mins, but I hear they will be replenishing the SIC pool. Have your CFI ticket(s) and be actively flying is the best advice I can give.

Hope it helps

I'm pretty sure there are people in the current class that don't have the PIC mins. However, they all had more then 400TT.

Last edited:
hyper,

Sorry man, i was trying to make a joke out of my question... i guess i came across wrong. Peace, lets call a truce, after all we are on the same team. ;)

So you fly one of those planes that sports the nice new radar that is worth more than the plane around it huh. Oh yeah, and one of the autopilotless a/c also... i feel your pain my friend, i flew the 310 out of CPS for 7 months. I am glad i once again am in the 58 though, it's a sports car compared to the truck you fly. I liked them though, but they really have some screwed up systems. It's also fun to watch those wings flex above the cockpit in some good turbulence.

I thought about going to ORL when it came available, but i wanted to have a 5 day week, and so far i have been able to always hold one. Plus now i have a 7 hour duty day, and i am always home by 6:30 in the evening. Oh by the way, i am out of HKS (Jackson, MS).

To eveyone else, we are hiring, but mostly PIC qual'd folks. We did just have an SIC make it through training, and i am sure we will have more going through soon. I have heard that for the SIC's you should have your CFI's and have around 900 to be competetive, but i am sure you can get in with less... i got in with 500TT and my friend got in with 400TT. Just keep at it.

As far as flying with others first, it really made me more confident when i first went out on my own. I am glad i did it that way. I talked with some of the other guys in my class after about a week on the line and they said they wished they had the opportunity to SIC for awhile first also. It is a much different world out there on your own, one which a lot of the regional guys know nothing about (excluding those who did the 135 thing first).

Sounds like you guys are getting into some real flying. Wait until summer time, at night bring the sunvisor and a helment, you'll need it.

Latest resources

Back