Airnet Pilot Training ?'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rubicon789

I start IPT with airnet next week. I don't get my training packet till I arrive on Monday. A few questions

1.) I know they say 5-6 weeks, what is that based on? why the differance?
2.) Is there anything that you guy's wish you took and didn't?
3.) What is the schedule like 1st week compnay info, 2nd flight training, etc....?
4.) Do you remember the pay schedule and amount? I know he said something about it in the interview but don't remember? Too excited!!!

Any other info will help too, I am just trying to plan out my finances over the next few weeks so I don't get stuck broke. Thanks for any help you can give

First week: Basic indoc ground school. (135 regs, company ops specs, profiles, etc.)
Second week: Sim training in a frasca 142 the same one you interviewed in and possibly lead into week week 3. Then flight training lasts about a week to a week and a half depending on the run you get and the A/C that you will fly it can sometimes last a bit longer.

Pay is just per diem of 165$ per week. (i think) Your hotel is covered by the company.

Good Luck

Read your AIM. Start at the beginning, read it all the way to the end. This will definately help you prepare for the training.

First two weeks will mostly be basic indoc stuff. The end of the second week is when you'll be introduced to baron systems and start in the sim- we started on a friday.

Be ready to be in CHM the entire 5-6 weeks that they say. You might get out early, but don't bank on it. You're not able to jumpseat on other carriers or on the Airnet system until after you pass your first checkride, so bring enough stuff with you to last a while. The hotel is pretty well equipped so just bring your clothes and flight training gear and you'll be fine.

its usually takin everyone about 6 weeks to get through everything (getting through training, gettin a base, then gettin trained in another aircraft if necessary. search on here and you should find out everything you need to know along with others opinions.

First day of class will be Tuesday, you'll be in the classroom all the rest of that week and until thursday the next week. Wednesday of the 2nd week is the indoc written followed which will most likely be followed by baron groundschool with the baron written the next day. The second Friday is the first sim day, sims most of week 3. Flight training might start last day of week 3 and will take up most of week 4. Week 5 will be transition training into aircraft type #2 and week 6 will be IOE out of CMH. If you end up getting the caravan you'll be spending a week in Wichita for ground and simulator training, with two days the next week for a fam flight and checkride. Most of what you'll need at training gets provided to you. Best advice I can give is to start looking over the AIM and 135 regs an maybe some Baron 58 specs if you can get your hands on them. Hotel is covered by the company, the rooms have kitchens in them and there's laundry facilities in there too. Trainees get 165 bucks a week per diem, and once they pass the first checkride they go on prop PIC payroll.

Good luck.

Prepare to do a lot of approaches in a short period of time.

Comms, Navs, Headings, Markers - thats all you need to remember.

i think upgrades are still running around 12 months. it varies from person to person depending on your run and how much flight time you're getting.

Latest resources

Back