• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airnet or Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What my esteemed colleauge and fellow starchecker meant to say was.....

um.....

well, actually, it confused me too. I think I'll go grab a beer.

This is another Airnet pilot posting on Guillotine's account (he made me say that). The way I have approached flying here so far is with the idea that I am going to get as many quality hours as I can now, while I am still young and able to handle the night schedule. I love the company, the people we work with are fun - pretty much like a big fraternity (without the forced man-love). Alot of it has to do with personality and personal limits, too. Personally, I find myself eager to see what I can handle, what the plane can handle, etc...within legal limits, of course. I have hand flown a 800RVR approach(part 91 leg), flown through the flashing red on the radar, and carried more ice than I would have ever thought possible. However, I try to be smart about it every night by being overly prepared and always having outs. I love being able to go from shutdown to wheels up at IND in less than 4 minutes, while hearing the airline guys asking for permission to have their plane pushed back from the gate.

But as Jesus said - "Different strokes for different folks".

I have much respect for all airline pilots, regional or mainline. Through the jumpseating I have done I have seen that you guys seem to have alot of the same fun we do(especially Southwest Guys), only under different circumstances. And we all have friends that fly on both sides, so hopefully the "rivalry" continues to be friendly!

Anyways, Guillotine just brought in my McDonalds - see ya!

StarCheck321

I think AirNet sounds like a pretty sweet place to work.

Last edited:
"flown through the flashing red on the radar "

-----------------another cowboy thinking he has grown some hair on his chest, honestly why would you do something so stupid . look i flew there for a year but i did not do things like that , do you even think of how many yahoos before you have flown that plane in crap like that .

dude take care man , and take care of the people who are going to fly that plane after you.

He probably just had the tilt down too far and was painting ground. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, guys that brag about that $hit give freight pilots a bad rep. that just isn't the norm. Flying in a lot of crap weather routinely is normal, no doubt, but flying through "flashing red" type precip. is just flat out stupid.

It takes either a dumbass or a coward to fly through "flashing red."

Grow a pair of balls and tell dispatch to shove it up their ass if it's so bad there's no "holes" or a way around it. Personally, I rather enjoy doing that when necessary... and hopefully that enjoyment will have the side effect of keeping me alive. :)

Fly safe!

Last edited:
Dispatch and/or the training department will back up good sound judgement.
They might be a little sour because it screws up their day too, but they are just as interested to keep you and the airplane intact..... so they can fly you and the airplane again tomorrow.:D

I've flown here 4 1/2 years now and I sure as hell have never flown into any red and I'm not planing on ever doing so.

Ok, maybe that did come out the wrong way. And I certainly wasn't trying to brag. You really can't post anything on here without getting torn apart, can you? It was probably only flashing red because I tilted it way down to see the trippy colors on a boring vfr night. But calling me an idiot and a cowboy? I have never done anything that I thought was dangerous or would screw a plane for someone else.

Well, I am going to head to Midway, if I can see through my tears and shame.

And my account name is a joke, for those just waiting to come back with "your Chieftain isn't faster than my Lear 35/CRJ700/C208."

Hope to stay in the good graces of the board,
See ya

Starcheck 321,
Not flaming you here, but I'm kinda curious where you shot an approach and landed when the RVR was reporting 800. Did I read that correctly? I'm curious if that was what your "flight visibilty" and if the tower was open when you pulled that stunt.
I also did some d^&bS$%T as a freight pilot, but nothing that would have got me violated. You are smart enough to know that part 91 is absolutely meaningless when it comes to landing after an instrument approach. Pushing the limits in the manner that you have admitted to doesn't necessarily elicit respect, but more like reflection of when I did stupid things in an airplane...So, again no flames, but think twice before you feel like you need to "push it" for absolutely notihng but bragging rights at the crashpad.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead that has lost more friends in aircraft than I care to admit

Latest resources

Back