Airnet Interview Attire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes

YES, where a suit to any airline interview no mater who says not to.

Are you kidding me?? No... don't wear a suit. Try a wife beater. They'll be so impressed, they'll hire you right into the Lear.

DO NOT WEAR A SUIT TO THE AIRNET INTERVIEW....I am being totally serious about this. If you read all the paperwork sent to you, it probably states the attire is business casual and insists that you do not wear a tie. Our attire at Airnet is casual and interviewees should treat it as such. People that have worn coats and ties recently and have been asked to remove them.

If the interview packet you received does not state anything about business casual or not wearing a tie, they might have changed it. In that case, wear a suit.

For what it's worth, when I interviewed everyone including myself was wearing a suit and tie and we were all given offers. Plus, everyone that I've seen since interviewing since has been in a suit. Washka was wearing a tie as well.

Do what you want but if I were to do it again I'd dress the same.

Follow Instructions!

Read the packet and DO NOT WEAR A SUIT AND TIE! THis is the first test..can you follow instructions to the letter. I wore a Blue long sleeve dress shirt, black dress slacks,. Look professional, Business Casual. TH other two that interviewed with me had on the same thing, different blue.
DO not piss off Craig, or your sim ride wil be a nightmare..Oh..it is going to be anyway, but he could make it worse.

I'd wear a plaid suit, but that's just me.

bertengineer said:
Read the packet and DO NOT WEAR A SUIT AND TIE! THis is the first test..can you follow instructions to the letter. I wore a Blue long sleeve dress shirt, black dress slacks,. Look professional, Business Casual. TH other two that interviewed with me had on the same thing, different blue.
DO not piss off Craig, or your sim ride wil be a nightmare..Oh..it is going to be anyway, but he could make it worse.

This is so pathetic. Why would the "hiring guy" get mad at folks who wore a suit to an interview for a professional job like this? It's only the SOCIAL NORM in AMERICA. If he does - he needs to get off his high horse. And the fact that he would dictate the sim ride based on his impression of your attire is simply ridiculous. If it's not a standard sim ride - it's not equal opportunity. I'm not questioning your knowledge of this situation - but don't you think it's a bit left field? Just an observation...

AZT (wore suit to last interview)

northernflyer said:
Should a suit be worn to an airnet interview. Any current suggestions would be appreciated.

NO, DON'T WEAR A SUIT. Ok, now I was hired in 2001 so things may have changed, but I believe that they specifically said not to wear a suit. I don't care if it's normal interview etiquette to wear a suit, it is just an outright disregard for instructions if you do. Nobody else that was interviewing that day wore a suit. I believe just about everyone was hired.

If you do not get a job offer from this company for the simple fact that you dressed like a professional for a professional job position then I don't want to work at Airnet anymore.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back