Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skins

Greetings from the deep south!
I was wondering if anyone out there is currently flying for, or has flown for Airnet. I am ready to start submitting resumes and am very interested in this company. Looking for the good, the bad, and yes the ugly. Up to this point I've heard very little and I have not been able to find much outside of the website and a few magazine articles. Any words of wisdom or other info about good freight haulers out there is greatly appreciated. Check on with you soon.
Skins

Here is some totally useless information but it is all I have ;). I put all my information in their form on the web page a couple years ago just for fun and because I would like to work there one day. A couple weeks later I got a post card that said to call and schedule an interview. I was like......"whuuuut?" So anyhow I called just to see what the "error" was. I spoke with Craig and he told me in a manner that I felt was a little abrasive that "we only hire the best" and it was a mistake etc. I was polite (and I knew that before I called) but I thought he could have handled it with more tact. He basically said you are garbage but not in those words. I have heard from talking to folks who worked there that there will be no shortage of information on Jesus included with your paycheck, etc. Also that the owner who is supposed to be acting out his Christianity parks his plane on another part of the field when he comes in and steps out and into his limo avoiding the Airnet staff on his own ramp. Any or all of this other than my personal experience could be bs. It doesn't make me not want to work there but I do prefer an owner that interacts with all levels of the company. Oh....and if I remember correctly you don't want to go to (forgot name of city) in the Northeast and fly with a Lear Captain there who is supposed to be like the biggest jerk who ever lived.

airnet

The founder of the company doesn't own it any more. It is now a publicly held company. Back when it was privately owned, Jerry probably put in those tracts as an act of his faith. If someone doesn't want to read it, they can throw it away. I've been personally solicited by my past employer for united way contributions, so these types of things are not unusual. That doesn't happen now.

Craig Waishka is...different.

"Oh....and if I remember correctly you don't want to go to (forgot name of city) in the Northeast and fly with a Lear Captain there who is supposed to be like the biggest jerk who ever lived." Unless you plan to fly single pilot ops for the rest of your career, you'd better learn how to get the job done and live with big jerks in little cockpits. Rumple, why would you comment about working someplace without having experience there? I could say much about astrophysics but I'm hardly qualified to give career advice in that field.

I worked there. It's a job. Mx are great. When I was there there was no base lock or contract. There are both now. There is talk of unionizing the pilot group. That is important trend information about QOL. Starting pay is pretty good for light-twin cargo ops. Benefits are ok.

I wasn't being ugly about it. I'd like to work there when I get the time. I also disclaimed what I said other than personal experience. I have no problem with them giving out tracts or whatever or any of the rest of it to a great extent, I was just saying this is what I've heard and it may or may not be true.

HUH?!?!?!? Where the heck has this thread gone. "Jesus"?!?!?...parking planes at different FBO's....what in the world??? Yes the previous "owner" had a great faith in God, and he showed it in everything he did, and sure there were a few small faithful things in the company such as our core values. Now we have a new CEO, and a new set of values....lets not even get started on how mechanical the company has become since he took over, no longer a very personable place...too "square." Also, sorry no jesus stuff with our paychecks..never had any, and i know we never will again. As far as parking at different places...i saw Jerry's planes many times on our ramp. I am sure he parks other places now...he no longer owns the company so why should he only park on the airnet ramp? Finally, if you want an owner who interacts with all levels of the company...well, this might not be the place. I have yet to meet or even see our new CEO, and he has been around for awhile...tells ya something right there. I met Mercer my first week with the company, HE was a personable man.

Why the helll are people who never worked for Airnet trying to spread idiotic stories about the company on this board? If you've never worked there, and you've been in aviation more than a week (i.e. you are aware that pilots are in charge of the largest rumor mill in the world), you'd know that the only way you can spread any type of useful information is if it comes from your first hand experience. Anyway, it doesn't take a genious to hear some of these rumors and figure they may not be 100% acurate!

Got a call from Matt (what's his last name?) for a phone interview.... what is generally asked?

Also, do they fly you over to Ohio if you live in the west coast?

Thanks for any info!

I just talked to Matt this morning. Just some basic questions, like why you want to work there. I'm located out in california, and i'll be catching a ride on one of their lears out of BUR. Interview on the 29th...good luck

Latest resources

Back