Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ2008

Hi everyone,

I have a friend who just got called from airnet. I dont know anything about them and I would like to help him out decide if he should go for it. Any airnet pilots there with some quality of life inputs. Thank you. if you were to choose between airnet and skywest which would you go for?

thank you all for your time.

My friend lives at the San Francisco Bay area.

I flew for Airnet for about 18 mos before going to Eagle. Great experience with a great group of pilots.

I think your friend should consider his long term goals before making a decision. If the airlines are his end goal then go there now. Seniority is everything. Yes, the practical experience gained at Airnet would be beneficial when he goes to training, but it's not essential. Lots of guys get through training with very little experience outside of the training environment. Did I mention seniority is everything at the airlines?

If corporate or charter is the ultimate goal then flying 135 is great on the resume'. At Airnet the pilot will do the bulk of the flight planning with respect to fuel planning, load planning, WX decision making, adapting to unforseen events. You really have to be able to stand on your own two feet to get the job done. That experience would come in handy down the line if he's flying without the support resources available at the airlines.

Living in the Bay Area cold be tough unless he plans to move to his Airnet domicile as the closest Airnet bases are, at least when I left in March, APA (Denver) on the jet an probably MEM in the props. That may have changed in the last few months.

Hope this helps. I'm sure others will have good info for you as well.

What's the schedule like on the van run in phoenix?
There are two of them, one to FLG and one to HII, 5 days a week. They both leave around 8am. You get a hotel and rental car for the day and fly back to PHX around 5-530pm. Kinda an easy day, but not for time-building.

I had heard about PHX and PDX, but didn't know about Seattle. I am Seattle (BFI) based and have only heard them down in the PDX area. When did they start flying out of Seattle?
A few months ago. I beleive there are 2 pilots based there.

There are two runs out of BFI. One is Sat-Wed (Wed is standby). The other is Sun-Thur (Sun is standby). If anyone wants more info on the BFI runs, let me know... I've got the scoop.

Latest resources

Back