• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airnet Info Please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirNet wants to expand. The pilot shortage is holding it back. I've told by someone in recruitment that they would like to add 150 pilots in 2008.

I flew at AirNet from December 2003 thru July 2005. I left as a Learjet SIC. I'm now working for SkyWest as a CRJ Captain. If you need info on the two companies, PM me. I can give you updated SkyWest info, but my AirNet info is probably very out of date. I stay in touch with old starcheckers, but don't know too much of what is going on over there.

As far as the two companies. I loved AirNet. Best experience I've ever gotten. It will make you a better pilot. It was probably the highlight of my career. However, I've settled down, just got married and am glad I made the SkyWest change. Upgraded in 1 yr 9 months (much lower now) and gross pay was approx $27k first year, $65K second year and on track to make mid $90K as a Captain now. I do work a little extra, but the average pay is not too much lower than that. Second year FO at SkyWest will be making more than Learjet Captains at AirNet. (At least as of when I left AirNet in 2005).

When your friend makes his decision, he needs to base it on QOL and what he is looking for. AirNet sounds like he could get based out west. SkyWest junior domiciles are MKE and ORD for the CRJ. But as an FO, you can get to the west coast pretty quickly. If you get the bro, you will be out west. (SLC is as far East as they go now).

Hope that helps...PM me if you want more info.

Ryan Purvis

PURVIS!!!!!! What's up dude...you no longer answer my messages...what, did i do somthing to piss you off?

Hiring bonuses again huh...i remember the last time they had those bonuses...that's when i got on back in the old days. Man, barely had 500 hours when i first started there, and just think, 5 and a half years later (and a lot of excellent experience) i get to fly an airbus around the skies all day long...well, with 17 days off a month though. Man those were the days, out there on your own, no-one watching over your shoulder, just as long as you got the work to its destination on time and didn't bend any metal you got left alone. I miss it, i really do. If i could get the QOL and the MONEY i make now flying back at Airnet, i would go back in a heartbeat, without question!! Great group of guys...and gals...and it was nice to fly with most of those people...with exception to ole Purvis above, man he was a pain, always drunk and brining those ho's back to his place...geez, i don't know why he gave it up!:laugh: Ahhh, that just made me think of DSM-APA in those storms, are we really still alive after that?!;) Crazy stuff!

But anyway, Airnet is definately an excellent place to work, i put in 5 1/2 years and loved it...started in the 58 and 310 and moved to the lear in 3 years(post 9/11 and very picky on upgrade locations) and spent a year as PIC in the lear and loved every minute of it...well, maybe not those checkrides, whew, am i glad those are over! All you Starcheckers past and present know what i mean.

The new hiring bonus is pretty nice. I believe they are still looking for another Caravan pilot down here in PHX as well..

Hi,

I'm looking at applying to Airnet and trying to get the PHX base. Does anybody have any idea on what the schedule is like? What kind of hours? Thanks

Anyone know if Airnet plans on putting a baron run back in TUL? I know they still own the run, but Central Air Southwest is covering it.

Latest resources

Back