• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirNet hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont see what the big deal is, whats wrong with a fellow pilot promoting safety? I fly freight every night, but im not stupid. If I had a choice, and didnt need the hours, I wouldnt do this job, Id much rather be flying a nice jet way above this weather.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1194164636&n=2

Can I change my name to switch bitch? Will you be my friend?

Is it wrong for my opinions to change after almost a year - maybe more? I don't remember the date. I think I'm learning. Maybe not very fast but hey, can't blame a former UCSC grad.

Wait seriously. I'm leaving for 3 days on a surf trip. Don't feel bad bros! Can I keep making fun of you when I get back?

I love my current job. I can't give away too many details because of the whole white and nerdy vicious attack problem. I'm sure a few people have figured it out. Good news is you can double the pay from last year. Depends on the next 4 months maybe triple the pay (I can't wait to file taxes) but I'm not keeping my hopes up. Happy holidays!

FYI. My backpack weighs 47 pounds. And thats without the 6'6" attached. Keep your eye on the Nor Cal weather. Maybe I'll be the one suffering in the rain. I'm still over it. Unless you want me to sing you kenny loggins again.

Not sure exactly why you feel compelled to make fun of us in the first place. Don't blame the company for your poor performance in the interview. I, too, purchased an airline ticket for the interview (which was reimbursed; you failed to mention that part). You had a responsibility to follow up with the company if your application packet was not sent to you promptly. We give at least a week to put it together (I had two) because it is lengthy and requires some things to be notarized. It was also your responsibility to either review the NOS plates or provide your own Jepps. These things are not hoops you had to jump through. They are indicators of professionalism. You did not approach the interview as a professional. That is why you didn't get the job. I had two other people in my interview group. Both had PIC mins while I had 940 TT. One had her nosering in and wore pants so tight they looked like they were painted on. The other was finishing his application in the lobby prior to the interview. They hired me to sit right seat for 2 1/2 months over the other PIC qualified applicants because I handled myself like a professional. No more, no less.

You weren't Airnet material. Not everyone is. Look in the mirror and tell yourself it's OK. I've been doing it for 18 mos now and still look at the wx some nights and wonder if I'm cut out to do it or not. I'm glad you're happy in your current job. Everyone should be so lucky. I just don't see why you feel as though you have to bag on Airnet and the people who work there.

Truth is, you don't know anything about flying the line for Airnet so you are not qualified to speak about it. You don't know anything about freight dogs as pilots, only what you have heard from other non-freight pilots. Your opinions do not count, humble or not. And, no, you may not continue to make fun of us when you return from your surf trip.

Not sure exactly why you feel compelled to make fun of us in the first place. Don't blame the company for your poor performance in the interview. I, too, purchased an airline ticket for the interview (which was reimbursed; you failed to mention that part). You had a responsibility to follow up with the company if your application packet was not sent to you promptly. We give at least a week to put it together (I had two) because it is lengthy and requires some things to be notarized. It was also your responsibility to either review the NOS plates or provide your own Jepps. These things are not hoops you had to jump through. They are indicators of professionalism. You did not approach the interview as a professional. That is why you didn't get the job. I had two other people in my interview group. Both had PIC mins while I had 940 TT. One had her nosering in and wore pants so tight they looked like they were painted on. The other was finishing his application in the lobby prior to the interview. They hired me to sit right seat for 2 1/2 months over the other PIC qualified applicants because I handled myself like a professional. No more, no less.

You weren't Airnet material. Not everyone is. Look in the mirror and tell yourself it's OK. I've been doing it for 18 mos now and still look at the wx some nights and wonder if I'm cut out to do it or not. I'm glad you're happy in your current job. Everyone should be so lucky. I just don't see why you feel as though you have to bag on Airnet and the people who work there.

Truth is, you don't know anything about flying the line for Airnet so you are not qualified to speak about it. You don't know anything about freight dogs as pilots, only what you have heard from other non-freight pilots. Your opinions do not count, humble or not. And, no, you may not continue to make fun of us when you return from your surf trip.
Well said

Eat my junk

Rubcon have you been waiting all this time just to write "well said?"

You sure you guys want to get into it again? Maybe a little present from yours truly? Bring it? Ok. You had your shot to let it go...

"gonna give something so you know whats on my mind,

a gift real special, so take off the top."

"Take a look inside":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiKz6_HN4Qc

Hey N600SU do you have that chicks phone number with the nose ring? Oh never mind you probably don't get chicks phone numbers...

This all started with the difference between anti ice and de ice...

Right... Whatever dude, I hope you are truely happy where you are. I am and don't need to justify it to you. Merry Christmas

Rubcon have you been waiting all this time just to write "well said?"

You sure you guys want to get into it again? Maybe a little present from yours truly? Bring it? Ok. You had your shot to let it go...

"gonna give something so you know whats on my mind,

a gift real special, so take off the top."

"Take a look inside":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiKz6_HN4Qc

Hey N600SU do you have that chicks phone number with the nose ring? Oh never mind you probably don't get chicks phone numbers...

This all started with the difference between anti ice and de ice...

I think it started a bit earlier: "IMHO I'm glad I didn't get hired. I've never seen it rain snow and hail at the same time before I checked out Columbus. On a recent trip to Ohio I saw an airnet 414 sitting on the ramp with hail damage. I couldn't help but shake my head and give thanks I still live in Nor Cal.

I've heard horror stories from pilots who decided to stay a long time."

Your lack of understanding of de-ice/anti-ice ground only served to add to the fun.

Sounds like we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. As I said earlier, you don't know any more about Airnet than I know about your company. You don't know any more about me than I do you. I'm not going to attempt to speak to the quality of your job nor will I disparage you personally (other than to question your approach to a job interview). It would behoove you do the same. People use these forums to make educated decisions regarding their futures in this business. Beyond making unfair and incorrect comments about my company and our people, you are doing a disservice to those who might be seeking information about Airnet. Do us all a favor and limit your comments to the interview process as you experienced it and leave your conjecture about the company's operations out of your posts.

And you're right: I don't get chicks phone numbers. I don't need them. I was man enough to find a great woman and marry her.

Latest resources

Back