Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hunt234

employed
I have an interview with airnet soon, and was wondering if anyone knows how many pilots they are hiring for the rest of the year, what bases are being assigned, ect. If you have any info, please let me know.

Oh yeah, and are they serious about dressing business casual for the interview? I was told no tie and no jacket.

Anyway, I am super excited and nervous about the interview. thanks for any help.

Airnet is usually hiring about 8-10 per month I think. There are serious about not wearing a suit or tie, the place is professional but informal. Bases depend totally on seniority. Good luck.

The best advice is go in there and be yourself. Do the best you can in the sim but don't forget they are not looking for a perfect ride just good inst. skills. Don't wear a tie or suit just business casual. Bases.... that is all based on senority. Good Luck.

Run a search

I went to the interview and wrote a fairly long post about it.

IMHO I'm glad I didn't get hired. I've never seen it rain snow and hail at the same time before I checked out Columbus. On a recent trip to Ohio I saw an airnet 414 sitting on the ramp with hail damage. I couldn't help but shake my head and give thanks I still live in Nor Cal.

I've heard horror stories from pilots who decided to stay a long time.

they have 414's?

It was parked at the ramp at LUK right next to the FBO. It had a red paint job but mostly was primer green. It could have been a 411 but I can't tell the difference. Mostly because I don't give a rat's ass. I could happily live the rest of my life without seeing LUK or an airnet twin cessna again. Hell I never want to see Ohio again.

Should I give you a bearing and distance from the NDB... maybe that will help you find it.

Try piper chieftain. airnet doesnt have cessnas. and no this flying isnt for everyone, if your afraid of weather then go somewhere else.

Try piper chieftain. airnet doesnt have cessnas. and no this flying isnt for everyone, if your afraid of weather then go somewhere else.

Ok I'll leave it to you guys. Be sure to ask Craig about the time he was hit by lightning. He bragged about it during the group portion of the interview. Be sure to ask about "the history of loosing people".

I prefer anti ice and weather radar. I guess my self preservation instinct is just too strong to be a super pilot like you.

Let us know the next time you get hit buy lightning or hail and be sure to let us know when one of your co workers dies. Hell brag about it to the new hires!

BUSH.... last time I checked they all had ice protection and radar! Night freight is not for everyone but don't just go around knocking airnets name. Some of the best pilots that I know, work there. From the way you talk it seems like you don't trust your pilot skills. Yeah you might get into some bad weather every now and than but as long as you are smart you will do fine. Good luck in aviation and let me know how flying VFR all the time works out for you in getting your next job.

Hey Bill....get you facts straight before you go making an A$$ of yourself....Number of people who have died flying Airnet aircraft since the mid 70's is less than 5....pretty good safety record over the last 30 years if you ask me.

Latest resources

Back