AirNet getting into the training busines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FamilyMan

I’ve was very interested in AirNet before 9/11. I thought they would be unaffected by the tragedy. Has their business slowed down? The reason I ask is because I saw the following on their web site

"Need to brush up on your instrument skills or prepare for an interview? Want to take your multi-engine skills to a higher level? We now offer expert training in our Frasca 142 simulators and Beechcraft Barons. Call us for details."

I don’t think this is PFT, but could it be Pay For Interview? Does anybody know why they are doing this? I have always thought of AirNet as a very Professional company that offered to take pilots a long way. Hope they stay that way

Thanks,
FamilyMan:confused:

Where did you find this information on the website? I looked through most of it and I couldn't find it.

Airnet is doing well, despite WTC. They are making less money then last year, but are still turning a profit. However, they have stopped interviewing and hiring for the present time.

In any case, the sim/twin training wouldn't be considered PFT. Their training, even if it directly prepares for the interview is not PFT, since it is optional. You don't have to do their training to get an interview, and when you get hired you don't have to pay your training costs, hence no PFT. However, at Airnet, you will be asked to sign a one year contract.

Airnet is an excellent comapny to work for. I worked there for a little over a year and got plenty of multi time and lots of real world experience.
They've got a lot of great people working there. You hear all sorts of horror stories about freight operators. Airnet is the complete opposite. Their maintenance is incredible. You are NEVER pushed to run a flight if you don't feel comfortable.
The pay is good and they treat you really well. The only reason I left is because I got tired of living like a vampire.
Being a "freight dog" earns you a lot of respect from other pilots. If you can fly by yourself at night in the sh&*, then you must know how to fly. It also helps with a lot of those "real-world" situations as well.
I remember at one point before I got there, they used to do multi-training there. I think they gave you a preferential interview after you completed the course.
Good luck!

Latest resources

Back